Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz commits to Gators

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Local Jacksonville radio host hinting we may be in the running for Hartman (Wake Forest QB).

Discuss.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Geez he still would have eligibility left? Would be perfect for Karl as he is not the type any coach would call 10 or so run plays a game for. But he is good and quite expereinced.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Best case scenario in my opinion, get a one year starter to get to '24 when hopefully Rashada will be ready.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Would be badass

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Ya not sure any of this will matter. Hartman will come here and struggle in our elementary offense while our defense gets gashed weekly and our special teams puts in emphasis on the word “special” :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sam Hartman said there's no shot of him returning to wake for his final year of eligibility. So definitely a possible portal watch

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Sam Hartman said there's no shot of him returning to wake for his final year of eligibility. So definitely a possible portal watch
I have a feeling we might get him for a year hold over and that is what we need till Rashada is ready.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Any HCs entering the portal?

None that will currently change anything we have seen this year. Billy stunk up the place yesterday but things are trending upward believe it or not and its mostly off the field stuff. Truth be told, if AR doesnt miss wide open guys yesterday and decides to actually play football rather than play to not get hurt, we likely win. Hell if he does that against UK, we win. We should be sitting here with 3 losses.

If we do this next year or the year after, I am in full agreement about shooting him into the sun but lets see where we are next year. The damage that Fooley and the last three hires have done to this program are unbelievable. Mullen probably did more damage than the other two combined due to lack of recruiting and allowing the players to run the program.

Will Billy work out? I don't know but have to give him some time to clean house and see his vision first.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
None that will currently change anything we have seen this year. Billy stunk up the place yesterday but things are trending upward believe it or not and its mostly off the field stuff. Truth be told, if AR doesnt miss wide open guys yesterday and decides to actually play football rather than play to not get hurt, we likely win. Hell if he does that against UK, we win. We should be sitting here with 3 losses.

If we do this next year or the year after, I am in full agreement about shooting him into the sun but lets see where we are next year. The damage that Fooley and the last three hires have done to this program are unbelievable. Mullen probably did more damage than the other two combined due to lack of recruiting and allowing the players to run the program.

Will Billy work out? I don't know but have to give him some time to clean house and see his vision first.

AR wasn’t the problem yesterday. Defense and STs, along with having no run game (ETN had 4 carries lulz) were the problems.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
AR wasn’t the problem yesterday. Defense and STs, along with having no run game (ETN had 4 carries lulz) were the problems.
I disagree....the lack of AR running the ball was a problem. It was just one of many. If any one of those problems had been addressed before kickoff, we win easily.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He contributed. Johnson had probably 5 or more runs that should’ve never happened if AR is willing to run. Every win we’ve had this year featured several big AR runs. Every loss has featured multiple “why didn’t he run?” or “what was that pass?” moments. It’s that simple.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
He contributed. Johnson had probably 5 or more runs that should’ve never happened if AR is willing to run. Every win we’ve had this year featured several big AR runs. Every loss has featured multiple “why didn’t he run?” or “what was that pass?” moments. It’s that simple.
Kitna and Miller aren't going to make those runs....here's hoping they can make the passes.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

I have a hard time believing it’s not designed to be a give. Why do you think we went wildcat on the goal line instead of plunging AR through?

Methinks Billy didn’t want to run AR vs Vandy and thought we could win without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb