Post Game USF Presser

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can agree with that to an extent, and touched on that after Utah. But again, I think the issue some are having is that those players left by Mullen won’t beat uga, but are capable of beating Uk and shouldn’t struggle like that against Usf. No one expected perfection this year. But if we’re truly staring down a .500 record, that is very much on the coaching staff.
Blaming the previous coach for the new coaches shortcomings just makes some people feel better. It's gonna be mullen's fault until we hire the next guy. It is what it is.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif
What is the chick doing to that old man laying on the floor?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
None of those teams you listed are also under a new staff, learning new schemes ect whilst starting multiple transfers / inexperienced freshmen across the board.
I'm not sure whether this post was intended to be sarcasm, but I assume you know that USF brought in a new OC and a new DC as well as a transfer to start at QB this year.

And of course the head coach who led these guys to such a brilliant game plan and near upset is 4-20 as a head coach with 3 FCS wins and a win against Temple.

Hopefully Billy was only blowing so much smoke in the press conference because he's buddies with Jeff Scott from when they coached together at Clemson.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What in the Fuchs are you talking about? Of course BN didn't say that, and it should still be our goal.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In his introductory press conference he said we might be unhappy with the transition class in recruiting, but I certainly haven't seen anywhere that he said we wouldn't be good this year or that the goal isn't winning the SEC.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
The D was a little letdown from prior games, but still an overall improvement from the last few years. Tackling is a lot better, youngsters playing hard and getting after it. Trey Dean needs to seek life elsewhere though. Stop mean mugging when the QB runs 11 yards for a first down. You got worked dipspit.

The OL and RBs are top notch. What is absolutely DRAGGING this team down on both sides of the ball is QB play. Good QB is infectious to the whole team. Unfortunately, so is bad QB play. I don't have the words to describe just how bad ARs play has been. Urban Meyer ruined John Brantley. His mind was shot the 2 seasons post Tebow. AR will be the same. All the physical gifts in the world and a 5 cent brain. I would take any QB we have had, starter or backup, over AR right now. He can't run, he can't throw, he can't make decisions. He has that same lame as pump fake that everyone has seen. USF didn't fall for it.

What we have is not working, time to TRY something else. If that doesn't work, guess what? What we WERE doing wasn't working either, go to the next QB. FSU brought in their backup and that dude looked just as good as the starter.

Be careful when other coaches are complimenting your current coach. It means they don't see him as a threat.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yes, USF has 4*s on their roster. Of course, on paper UF has more talent than USF. We all know however that the most talented teams do not always win or perform better, look at last years UF team. The last three games one of the common refrains was, "our talent composite is X, therefore we are going to crush Utah, Kentucky, USF". The talent composite is ONE data point and a summary data point at that, which makes it flawed in that it can mask underlying details. I am merely pointing out it could mask an imbalance of talent on the roster from one area to another. Someone else pointed out it could mask the lack of experience on a roster, all known to be contributing factors to how well a team might perform.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He did. He basically said that it’s not going to be pretty in the beginning and it’s going to be a painful rebuild the first year.

In every presser after the game he has said we have a lot to work on. There’s still a really long way to go. But he does like the effort from the kids

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He did. He basically said that it’s not going to be pretty in the beginning and it’s going to be a painful rebuild the first year.

In every presser after the game he has said we have a lot to work on. There’s still a really long way to go. But he does like the effort from the kids
Heady move. Set the expectations low so you can’t underachieve. I’m gonna try this at work.

“Boss, don’t expect much from me on this project, it’s going to be rough”

*Project fails, boss is pissed*

“Hey man, I said don’t expect much”

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I join him in that. The team does seem to be playing hard and rallying for each other, even during bad stretches. He also seems to be walking a balance between building for the future while not completely sacrificing this season, which is what I wanted.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I join him in that. The team does seem to be playing hard and rallying for each other, even during bad stretches. He also seems to be walking a balance between building for the future while not completely sacrificing this season, which is what I wanted.
I don’t have a problem with a struggle. I just don’t know why we’re struggling against every single team we are playing. And even if he struggled against USF, if he just came outside yeah we stunk it up but we came through, I’d be fine. I don’t like him saying that it was because USF is super talented. Because they’re not. That was ridiculous.

He doesn’t need to say AR is struggling. We all see it. He doesn’t need to say it’s because of defensive line depth. We all know that’s an issue. A simple, “we need to find a way to simplify things for the QB and we need to get much better defending the run”.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Seeing as most of our best players right now are guys that Billy brought in, that tells me how bare the cupboard was after Dan left. This will not be an easy turnaround. Give the man some time before ya'll burn him on the cross.
OL is playing its best in years. We have 2 very good backs with big play ability. New players scattered across the defense who will learn and grow with experience.
Our best WR is a transfer.
This is a full on rebuild. The man needs time.
Literally true. The best two players on offense came from ULL. Cupboard was so bare, Napier had to poach his old team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.