Post Game USF Presser

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
:blahblah2:New Coach is 2-1 after starting the season vs 2 ranked teams out the gate with a young team of which most of his guys are already our best players at their positions and you guys are crying because he didnt go Dennis Green at the presser after a close win?? Wow

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If AR was playing even avg QB play, I would agree. But he isnt, in fact he's one of the worst in the SEC right now stat wise. The team played well enough to beat UK, AR handed them 2 scores when we couldve put a drive together n sucked the life out of them.

Same lastnight, Defense had a pick 6, place was rocking. We put a drive together it takes them out mentally, instead he hands them the ball n gives them underdog hope

Just looking at the UK turnovers, I agree we should’ve and could’ve put them away or gone to half with all the momentum. But as bad as those plays were by AR, who called the bootleg roll out play to the short side of the field? And why were UK’s corners able to squat those short routes for the pick6? Bad plays by AR for sure, but we also put ourselves in those situations with bad play calls.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
I’m still on the Napier train. I like coach, his attitude and ability to speak. He gets a full year for me and another recruiting cycle or two.

Imagine how many if you (or another coach) would be successful with the current roster. It takes time and some patience, which apparently most Gator “fans” don’t have.
Or just having a QB scramble every now and then

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Just looking at the UK turnovers, I agree we should’ve and could’ve put them away or gone to half with all the momentum. But as bad as those plays were by AR, who called the bootleg roll out play to the short side of the field? And why were UK’s corners able to squat those short routes for the pick6? Bad plays by AR for sure, but we also put ourselves in those situations with bad play calls.
Not sure if it was called or checked by AR. Billy did say AR checked out of the run for the pass that was picked in the EZ lastnight

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure if it was called or checked by AR. Billy did say AR checked out of the run for the pass that was picked in the EZ lastnight

Fair. Could’ve been like the one last night. If he keeps checking to bad plays he needs to lose that privilege.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Florida has a talent composite of 12th. Stop being apologists for these crap performances.

Kentucky is 27th. Utah is 33rd. USF is 65th.

Are we the only team with holes? None of those teams with less talent on paper have holes? Kentucky didn't even have their two best backs.

He had all spring with AR. He had fall camp. He's coaching QBs. None of this is on Napier? Really?

There is a non-zero amount of this that is the head coach and his staff's responsibility. We can debate the amount but it isn't none.

Curious who supplies these talent rankings and on what criteria.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I don't know the specific players that make the composite rankings for us, and in a broad way, it makes sense to give someone a quick glance at how good the players on team X or Y are but I would not view it as an absolute that one team is better than another. What if the majority of our players that pull up our composite are defensive backs or running backs? They all cant play at the same time.and it might mask deficiencies on other critical areas like "cough" "cough" linebackers.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
giphy.gif
Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

These aren’t standardized tests, Costanza, these are their grades. The talent rankings are based on rating coming out of HS. There will obviously be guys that people missed on, and surprise busts as well. But it’s a fairly accurate ballpark figure of talent level.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The same group of ghouls who do the weekly AP rankings. This week they have UF ranked 20th. Right?

That’s incorrect. A fat AP writer in Philadelphia looking at box scores isn’t the same as recruiting services who focus strictly on grading HS athletes. Both can have flaws, but they’re not the same.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

Yeah, I'm sure the data is just bad and USF and UF are peers in recruiting with equal talent.

giphy.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know the specific players that make the composite rankings for us, and in a broad way, it makes sense to give someone a quick glance at how good the players on team X or Y are but I would not view it as an absolute that one team is better than another. What if the majority of our players that pull up our composite are defensive backs or running backs? They all cant play at the same time.and it might mask deficiencies on other critical areas like "cough" "cough" linebackers.
There is definately an issue with the ratings. On paper, we should have handily beaten all three teams at home. It's just one variable to look at among many. Your pointing to LBs is a great example. How about DE that can set an edge? Or lineman... lots of 3 stars in the NFL. And experience is a major factor that's not included.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Fair. Could’ve been like the one last night. If he keeps checking to bad plays he needs to lose that privilege.
He checked to the long TD run. Also, BN said his check to end zone was the correct check, just a bad throw. :dunno:

:lol:
This offense reminds me of some song lyrics:
I been in the right place
But it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing
But must have used the wrong line…

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.