Posting

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
Maybe or maybe not.

This was happening to me up to several days ago then it just completely stopped.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
Today I keep.getting these stupid amazon winner popups. Clearing history does not fix it. It seems associated with this site.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Go fish. Mobile should be safe from that crap, I would think. Two browsers also muddies the waters for troubleshooting it. Sorry. I'll think harder.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
Go fish. Mobile should be safe from that crap, I would think. Two browsers also muddies the waters for troubleshooting it. Sorry. I'll think harder.

It isn't an uncommon problem. You can Google amazon pop-up rewards and get a lot of hits. It isn't really amazon it is some sort of malware coming from a site or apps. It popped up 3 times a few minutes ago while typing a long post in the PF. You have to shut the browser tab down. You can't get back to the website.

Seems like if I do all the above it makes it go away for a little while

Shutdown all browser tabs
Clear browser history
Shut down browser
Shut down wifi and turn on airplsne mode
Go to settings and clear browser history (again)

That works a little while but stay on this site long enough it comes back.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I use an up to date android phone, using chrome or Samsung's native browser...have never seen anything like that on my new phone, or my previous one.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I am on my chrome book and my only problems are self inflicted. I try the phone sometimes but its like writing a letter on toilet paper with charcoal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.