Power 5 Conference power rankings after week 7

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
I thought about that

When we beat Georgia, then yes, we should be ranked above LSU.

LSU resume WAS impressive....beat Miami in a neutral site...beat Auburn at Auburn. Beat UGA.

Now as the season is playing out...Miami sucks. Auburn lost to Tenn. LSU is overrated. We take care of biz, we will be ranked higher for sure.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
They have us 4th in the SEC behind UGA & LSU. How do they have LSU in front of us after we beat them head to head?

Power 5 conference power rankings after Week 7

How do they have UF ahead of UK who beat UF at our place and only lost in OT at aTm. Clearly since UF beat LSU and LSU beat UGa and UK beat UF, we have not yet sorted out these programs. Based on the information we have now of UF, UGa, UK and LSU, UF is the one with a home loss and arguably should be ranked the lowest.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
How do they have UF ahead of UK who beat UF at our place and only lost in OT at aTm. Clearly since UF beat LSU and LSU beat UGa and UK beat UF, we have not yet sorted out these programs. Based on the information we have now of UF, UGa, UK and LSU, UF is the one with a home loss and arguably should be ranked the lowest.
Cuz KY jelly got lucky and everybody knows it.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Teams are not the same as when they start the season--especially in our case since we have a first-year head coach.
Teams will either grow or regress throughout the season, and the level of competition will be judged based on a team's record and output.
Of course there are other factors like depth, injuries, and how teams match up physically. But the win / loss record is what matters in the end.
This Gator team has grown tremendously since that loss to Kentucky. And that is ABSOLUTELY on coaching. Would Kentucky beat us now? I doubt it but the only way to know for sure is to play them again. I doubt anyone here would fear that.
Beat the leghumpers--which I think we will--and the rest will fall in place.
We have a pretty good team with a chip on their shoulder. There is no quit in this team. Maybe they got tired of hearing about how "bad" or "under talented" they are. I know this, they've got a taste of winning in that Orange and Blue blood and nobody wants to face them now.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I actually heard Andrea Adelson, who was part of this writing, speak about this Monday night. Her take is it’s about the body of work. I decided that at the time to not point out that #failstate is better than Miami and that Tennessee is better than Auburn. And that Kentucky is better than Ole Miss (though we lost that one)

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ahhhh yes, we have finally discovered the very essence of sports, which is that the best team doesn't always win. This is why we actually play the games.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Only care that Gators are getting more powerful.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just glad there is a product worth watching and even in the conversations. Winning games will take care of any statistics that are out there. This team has been a pleasant surprise thus far. I think this team is really starting to find itself. That can make them dangerous and therefore the power rankings will work itself out.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The so called experts are generally wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.