Prayer Request

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This is Kevins wife & he asked me to give yall an update. 1st part of the surgery went well. They removed the infected section of intestines & cleaned out the abdomen. They left the stomach open & placed him on a ventilator for a lil over 24 hours. The 2nd part of the surgery is planned for Wed morning. Thankfully they took the ventilator out today to make him more comfortable. He's still in some pain but seems to be tolerating it well. He's been alert most of today.
Good luck and best wishes to the both of you. If I had realized this was as serious as it's turned out to be I probably would have abstained from the 2 prior post of mine in this thread. Again best wishes on getting through this.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I had to sleep (what little sleep I got) sitting up for about 10 nights after rotator cuff surgery last year. Wearing that sling contraption 24-7 is no fun.

Hurtin Gator Kev...hope you come off that IR real soon...looks like you've got a lot of good Gators here in your corner!
I can't tell you how many RC repairs I have taken through rehab and follow the protocol, wear the sling (yes it sucks) and most importantly do whatever you can to get as much rest as possible and if that means taking the pain pills then do it. Stay AWAY from anti-inflammatories they will impede the repair. Remember, inflammation is what helps the healing process. Most orthos have gotten away from Rx to post op pts with RC repair. It's a 12 month recovery no matter what your surgeon says.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I can't tell you how many RC repairs I have taken through rehab and follow the protocol, wear the sling (yes it sucks) and most importantly do whatever you can to get as much rest as possible and if that means taking the pain pills then do it. Stay AWAY from anti-inflammatories they will impede the repair. Remember, inflammation is what helps the healing process. Most orthos have gotten away from Rx to post op pts with RC repair. It's a 12 month recovery no matter what your surgeon says.
I am off pain medication for 3 days but am taking advil and was considering taking celebrex again. So that's a no go from you? Rest is almost impossible. Sleeping 2-3 hours restlessly each night is really getting old. Cannot get comfortable in the sling in any position.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I am off pain medication for 3 days but am taking advil and was considering taking celebrex again. So that's a no go from you? Rest is almost impossible. Sleeping 2-3 hours restlessly each night is really getting old. Cannot get comfortable in the sling in any position.
DO NOT TAKE Celebrex. If you have to have an anti-inflammatory go with Ibuprofen no more than 400mg per 6 hours and get off it after 24 hours.

Medications to avoid before and after surgery.

This was just one site I found but there are others. Take the pain meds if your pain is keeping you from sleeping. Do you have a Abductor pillow with your sling? This surgery and rehab is a bitch, no doubt but if you like it the first time, you'll love it the second time around and a failed RC repair will put you in a high probability for needing a total shoulder in the future. Suck it up now and be glad later. This thread is really about Kev so PM me if you like.

Last edited:

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
And just when you think you found a somewhat comfortable position, the pain comes stabbing back.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Drs say everything seems to look good so far. I'm very weak and everything us very much a task. I've taking a a few sets each day but its very difficult. Thank you all for the prayers I'm very thankful for each and every one if them.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bless you, kev. Very uplifting to hear. Blessings to your wife for all that she will do to help.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Drs say everything seems to look good so far. I'm very weak and everything us very much a task. I've taking a a few sets each day but its very difficult. Thank you all for the prayers I'm very thankful for each and every one if them.

Kev, great to hear that everything went well. Just rest up and hang in there my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator