Prayers please!

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I know I'm probably not anyone's favorite poster on this site but I could really use some prayers right now. I had a beloved dog get out of my backyard tonight and get him by a car and pass away. It's the 1st dog I've ever had to grieve over in my life. He was only 2 years years old but I've had him since he was 3 months. He was a sweet dog, very loyal to me and was always putting a smile on my face every day. I'm going to miss him dearly.

Thank you anyone willing to send a prayer to me and family. 20180818_174120.jpg Screenshot_20181229-025316_Gallery.jpg 20161203_134101.jpg

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
Father God, please be with Kevs family as they go thru this hard time, be with them, show them your comforting arms.
You create families and sometimes for reasons we dont understand, you change them. I know it is for a reason that I could never understand, but please father God, bless this family and show them why this had to happen.

His eyes are upon the sparrows, so I know he is watching me.

Last edited:

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
I had a beloved Jack Russell Terrier, Barkley. She was 16. A year and a half ago, we were out celebrating my 30 year class reunion, only to get a frantic call from my oldest daughter that Barkley had gotten out of the house to the pool deck while we were all out. Barkley spent much time out there with me and my family and was probably looking for us...We have gathered that she had a seizure, which was becoming a growing issue with her age, and fell into the pool and drown. Its very tough loosing a family member. She rest just outside my pool deck, marked with a bordered, pea pebble resting place with a remarkable likeness Jack Russell statue of her gazing into the pool deck towards my bar. It is a beautiful monument to our great girl. It is comforting to be able to still see her and say "hi girl" when ever we want.
It will get easier...Prayers
38023481_2028738397136715_7938747894146793472_o.jpg

Last edited:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Kev I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I lost Triton back in the fall. He was almost 12 and I still miss him. Dogs are are like children only I like my dogs better than my children because they behave way better. J/k. Prayers for you and your family!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So very sorry you & your loving family have lost the dog-friend you all loved -- and who loved being with you. Wish I knew the name of your dog, but sadness is the last thing he'd ever want for you. So at each painful pang replace it with counting the blessings your dog rewarded y'all with. I so wish this never happened. Sorry, Kev.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I like my dogs better than most people. They are true unconditional love. I lost 3 last year to old age issues and I have 2 left. Some of the hardest times for me. I understand. It will never go away but it will get easier as time passes. Sorry man.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So sorry, treasure the warm good memories and don't wait too long to fill the hole in your heart.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Prayers with you and your family. It sucks going through this. I have unfortunately had to go through it many times in life but you will make it through. The memories will never fade.

The hardest one I ever had was the first dog my wife and I had together who passed suddenly before my sons first birthday back in 2013. He as a shelter mutt that was lazy, but deceptively smart. When we brought our son home he thought he was for him and never left his side. I swear that sometimes when I look in the rear view I can still see his goofy a*s sitting in the back seat.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Losing a dog is the worst. I have friends that won’t get a dog anymore because the inevitable loss is too much.

You have my sympathies and prayers. Tough times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.