Pre-order prices for eero are over on Monday!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Forgive me fellas, just trying to pay some Gatorchatter bills here. Besides, this is something I just pre-ordered myself and I think others may find it useful, as I'm sick of having Wi-fi dead zones in my house. It's 40% off if you order by Monday. Ordering through this link will help out the site.

https://www.eero.com?ct-referral-code=3EIyrnuj

Thanks for looking.

[video=youtube;3t9vL34OV50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t9vL34OV50[/video]

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
Or if you know what you're doing, and can stand running just a little cat5e, get some of these...

https://store.ubnt.com/unifi.html

Edit: Although you'd probably only need one for very solid coverage in a single story home of ~4,000SF or less. Mine covers the entire house and about 1/2 acre radius outside of it (and that's a very conservative estimate).

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How much does it cost?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n177309 said:
How much does it cost?
Well, you could click on the link and find out. It's not spyware, I promise.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
You know to help pay for the cost of running this site you should have a stickied thread that has links to amazon for various things, I dont know how that works or how you set it up, but I'm sure people would be willing to come here and click a link to buy something online if they were going to do it anyway.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
mac2112, the ads that are here, click one every now and then.. click pay for the site, even if you don't buy something.

Ox, not bad, but just how big is your mansion that your wifi doesn't cover it already? I think by the time they are delivered this summer there will be something faster and cheaper, but at the moment they are nice.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n177383 said:
mac2112, the ads that are here, click one every now and then.. click pay for the site, even if you don't buy something.

Ox, not bad, but just how big is your mansion that your wifi doesn't cover it already? I think by the time they are delivered this summer there will be something faster and cheaper, but at the moment they are nice.
My house isn't that big, but I get crappy service in my master bedroom and I've gone through several pricey routers that simply work like crap, constantly having to be reset, etc. I've got a lot of devices on wifi in my home, and I need a system like this.

This is $300 to cover my entire house. I could spend $200 on another router that will end up inadequate like all the others, so this is a no-brainer for me. If you don't preorder these by the deadline, the system goes up to $500, so it's a significant difference.

This company got a million dollars in pre-orders in the first 48 hours.

[video=youtube;3t9vL34OV50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t9vL34OV50[/video]

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I have a two story home that covers about 4500 square feet, I have ethernet wired to the downstairs office and the upstairs office, but the cable router is in a closet downstairs under the staircase and the Apple Airport Extreme AC doesnt come close to covering the whole house due to walls. I have an ASUS AC router that extends the network from the ethernet port upstairs. We dont have dead spots, but we still have some weak spots, in particular downstairs at one of the entertainment centers where we like to stream movies....it has issues sometimes. I am considering paying to have ethernet run to that location so streaming will be wired, but also adding another extender of some kind for ipads and phones in that area.

Thats probably what i will do, but I will definitely keep an eye on how well eero performs for the future as extenders have the problem of handing off from one access point to the next seemlessly, the eero claims to have solved that with their mesh network. We will see.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A couple years back I just installed dd wrt on a linksys router and turned it into a repeater. To increase wifi of my main router to the back of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.