Precious Metals

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yesterday, I was in a nice gold/coin/jewelry shop for a few hours. The amount of foot traffic that came in during that time looking to sell/buy was shocking. I was at an out of the way desk in the corner so I could just quietly watch as I was doing my business.

They simply cant keep inventory. Anything that comes is sold nearly instantly. The phone rang near constantly and the lady had the same reply, “we dont have anymore gold or silver to sell, check back next week”.

Tons of people came in selling old gold jewelry. Their verification was pretty interesting to watch.

I asked the dealer, “is it always like this?” He said business over the last 2 years has been life changing.
See Biden puttin people to work :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
My local shop here is by appointment only so usually when I drive by there would be only 3-4 cars in their parking lot....over the last 3 month's there's never an empty space in his small parking lot of about 12 cars. I hope some of these small business owners are making some good money on this run and not just the big brokers with their ever-growing premiums.

Yesterday saw a pretty big pullback on the metals which is unusual for a Friday. Seems Fridays are usually up days followed by overseas markets selling off Sunday night/Monday morning....maybe if the reverse happens metals will break out of this 2-year consolidation?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ok silvertards, this is the real value of an ounce,, and it will go higher when shtf

from the article,, the companies were fined $33M, and ordered to pay restitution of $112.7M , now let's take the 9000 gold coins, give them a value of 2k each, those are worth $18M, leaving $94.7M for the 500k silver coins, so a value of $189.40 an ounce eh !!??

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I am not making any recommendations, but why would you put precious metals in a Roth ACCT.? Or did I misread? Depending on the value, the ROTH is where you go for the gusto as anything gained is tax free. Just ask Peter Thiel.

As far as gold, sliver etc., the new peeps just don;t give a shyt about that stuff. They only care about cyber stuff.

Yeah I would go with physical coins that you store in a safe...nothing digital for me for the time being

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I don't know how anyone can afford anything gold right now....I am buying strictly silver with some occasional copper

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't know how anyone can afford anything gold right now....I am buying strictly silver with some occasional copper
2 things to consider....
The first is the "cost to own" or premium of each.

One ounce of Silver bullion carries an average premium of around $5.50-$6.00 depending on quantity you buy. At $23.32 spot price per ounce that's roughly 23-25% "cost to own" or premium.

Gold bullion is roughly $90 per ounce premium at $1935 spot price per ounce for an average premium of around 4.5-5.0%.

Don't get me wrong I love Silver too but in a slowing worldwide economy and due to it's ever increasing usage as an industrial metal versus monetary, Gold will likely outperform Silver and "absorb" it's cost to own much easier.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
2 things to consider....

One ounce of Silver bullion carries an average premium of around $5.50-$6.00 depending on quantity you buy. At $23.32 spot price per ounce that's roughly 23-25% "cost to own" or premium.

Gold bullion is roughly $90 per ounce premium at $1935 spot price per ounce for an average premium of around 4.5-5.0%.

Don't get me wrong I love Silver too but in a slowing worldwide economy and due to it's ever increasing usage as an industrial metal versus monetary, Gold will likely outperform Silver and "absorb" it's cost to own much easier.
Again, I am 10000% with you "big picture" wise... but these SAME EXACT statements were pushed by the SAME EXACT people 10 years ago. Buy it, put it away, forget about it...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Again, I am 10000% with you "big picture" wise... but these SAME EXACT statements were pushed by the SAME EXACT people 10 years ago. Buy it, put it away, forget about it...
Agree 100%. Isn't it amazing though that when the demand for silver subsides so does the premium....by a lot!!!
Typically, I've noticed the premium for Gold to be more stable regardless of the price which is quite telling when you really think about it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Agree 100%. Isn't it amazing though that when the demand for silver subsides so does the premium....by a lot!!!
Typically, I've noticed the premium for Gold to be more stable regardless of the price which is quite telling when you really think about it.
Yup... probably a function of volatility. Kind of fits why I tell people I don't include Boeing in my list of the 5 Defense sector stocks to own... Boeing is too subject to commercial side of its business compared to the others. Silver = Boeing... Gold = LMT, NOC, RTX, GD, and HII

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yup... probably a function of volatility. Kind of fits why I tell people I don't include Boeing in my list of the 5 Defense sector stocks to own... Boeing is too subject to commercial side of its business compared to the others. Silver = Boeing... Gold = LMT, NOC, RTX, GD, and HII
Not a bad comparison... I guess more "new" money comes into silver....then goes back out after profit or losses. Most people don't part ways with their physical Gold...

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
2 things to consider....

What's your thoughts on purchasing rounds vs coins vs bars, etc?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What's your thoughts on purchasing rounds vs coins vs bars, etc?
I like them all especially if your goal is to stack as much Silver as possible. Of course, when or if you decide to sell at some point the coins will bring a better selling price. Also consider what works best for you budget and storage wise. You can usually pack more bars into a small or medium sized safe because of their shape or perhaps a solid box which can be put behind a wall and patched or perhaps buried ala some midnight gardening....

I prefer only coins from a sovereign mint when it come to Gold for purity assurance as well as tax benefits if I were ever to sell(not likely)

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
This right here is the future....the breakaway from the globalist debt riddled enslavement economy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230710_164322_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230710_164322_Samsung Internet.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 4

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
What are they going to do if they lose their vowel?
Iran says:

200.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb