Predicting bball’s remaining schedule

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Always enjoy doing this. As of right now we are 12-5 (4-1 in SEC play). Below is our remaining schedule with my predictions.

Arky - Win
@UK- Loss(Think refs were bad today :lol:)
S.Car - Win
Baylor - Win
@UGA - Loss
Bama - Win
LSU - Win
@S. Car - Win
UGA - Win
@Vandy - Loss
@Tenn - Loss
Auburn - Win
@Bama - Loss
UK- Win

This would leave us at 21-10 (12-6 in SEC play) and looking at a 5 seed. May be a little bearish, but I’d take a 5 seed going into the tourney with Eggy back and a completely healthy team.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Took me way too long (about 5 minutes) to make this thread for it to be ignored :sadnanner:

Maybe we can put some Oxbucks on it :grin:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
12 and 6 as well. I think the conference tournament will impact the ncaa tournament seeding big time. I hope Eggy comes back with vengence. No way I want a 5 spot. Hate that seed.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
12 and 6 as well. I think the conference tournament will impact the ncaa tournament seeding big time. I hope Eggy comes back with vengence. No way I want a 5 spot. Hate that seed.

Don’t take the easy way out. I want a game by game prediction :)

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Arky - Win
@UK- Loss
S.Car - Win
Baylor - Win
@UGA - Loss
Bama - Win
LSU - Win
@S. Car - Loss
UGA - Win
@Vandy - Win
@Tenn - Loss
Auburn - Win
@Bama - Loss
UK- Win. Thanks to eggy being back

There you go. 12 and 6

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
W-L rest of season won't matter if White doesn't concoct a style for these guys to play? No cuts underneath, lots of watching no movement. Stop playing stupid basketball.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
W-L rest of season won't matter if White doesn't concoct a style for these guys to play? No cuts underneath, lots of watching no movement. Stop playing stupid basketball.
Wow Rog, that is as blunt as you get. Stop playing stupid basketball. Every fans dream right there.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Always enjoy doing this. As of right now we are 12-5 (4-1 in SEC play). Below is our remaining schedule with my predictions.

Arky - Win
S.Car - Win
Baylor - Win
@UGA - Loss
Bama - Win
LSU - Win
@S. Car - Win
UGA - Win
@Vandy - Loss
@Tenn - Loss
Auburn - Win
@Bama - Loss
UK- Win

This would leave us at 21-10 (12-6 in SEC play) and looking at a 5 seed. May be a little bearish, but I’d take a 5 seed going into the tourney with Eggy back and a completely healthy team.

Not an unreasonable prediction. SoCar winning at UGa today makes one wonder if winning both against them is reasonable.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Arky - Win
S.Car - Win
Baylor - Win
@UGA - Loss
Bama - Win
LSU - Win
@S. Car - Win
UGA - Win
@Vandy - Loss
@Tenn - Loss
Auburn - Win
@Bama - Loss
UK- Win

So... basically we win at home and we lose on the road. Bold prediction there, Cotton.

pepper-and-cotton.gif

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
So... basically we win at home and we lose on the road. Bold prediction there, Cotton.

pepper-and-cotton.gif

Hey I mixed it up with a road victory at SC...

Let’s see your predictions Nostradamus

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I won't use the word stupid, but I agree with most of what you say. But 3 years into his stint, it is safe to say that Mike's half court offense is not based on player movement. Mike's half court man to man offense is based on penetration, hope for help defense, then kick to an open guy. Mikes half court zone offense is to place 4 guys around the arc and lazily pass the ball around the perimeter. None of his sets have continuous movement, any off the ball action, any cutting with a purpose, or movements that might move a defense, thus exposing openings. This year's team particularly is a 3 point shooting team and we either have to accept it or not. Shots go down they will win, if they don't they will not win. Pretty simple. But Mike's beliefs on offense are his beliefs. I like others just tend to prefer more purposeful basketball actions on offense.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey I mixed it up with a road victory at SC...

Let’s see your predictions Nostradamus
We win more than we lose the rest of the season. We don't get past Saturday of the SEC Tourney and we get in the NCAA as a 5 or 6. We get through weekend 1 but now out in weekend 2.

Overall, the folks who like White will talk about how great he is and the others will be disappointed.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I think that if we are 21-10 then we will be a 6 seed. I don't think our schedule has been tough enough, although it has been tougher than a lot of other years.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Another thing,

I think it's too early to judge Mike White's offense since we still don't have a big man who can score. Hopefully stokes will be that guy. Donovan's championship years were so effective because he had two guys down low that were a scoring threat. The offenses he ran in other years when we had little inside presence looked much different. I don't think there is a coach in the country that could get Hayes or Gak to be a real postup threat. The fact is that they are just too unskilled with the ball in their hands. Hell, they have a hard enough time catching the ball.

Butterfingers from Gak, Hayes, and Hudson yesterday was one of the big reasons we lost yesterday.

Also, can somebody tell Stone to stop giving up his open 3s for drives that usually result in turnovers and forced shots? Chiozza keeps working hard to get him open 3s but then Stone hesitates before throwing up a pump fake and driving out-of-control into the lane. Shoot the ball bro! You are good at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.