Press Conference highlights: Kyle Pitts to WR

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Goldkamp over at 247 says that he's been playing this position all year, but still practices w/ the TE group (did so in the open bowl practices last week). Flexing him out is fine, especially considering he's a legit pass catcher.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Like Traz says : We will always have plenty of high-speed WRs more usable than a TE-sized WR.
Wow, if Mullen is foreseeing use of Pitts at downfield blocking on potential breakaway runs.?
Is there coaching brilliance at work or is this some bowl-surprise in temporary form?
Still, it's good allowing for creativity among your players. Makes for excitement.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Does it really matter how Pitts or any other player is listed on the roster? To my recollection he lined up as a WR all year, usually in 3 by 1 sets as the single receiver on the boundary side, and 95% of the time he ran a quick slant trying to use his size to shield the defender, usually a CB. Not a bad strategy but I don;t really remember him lining up as an inline TE. If he did, it would alert the D that a nonblocking, pass catcher was lined up as TE. Similar to when teams ran I-formation and would sneak a second TB into the game as the FB and run him down the middle of the field isolated on a MLB for a deep throw.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is there coaching brilliance at work
So, using wide receivers primarily as blocking backs is what passes for brilliance with you? You must have thought Spurrier was a moron playing all those pass-catchers instead.

By the way this isn't new at all. if you Google "Urban Meyer wide receiver blocking" he will find pages and pages of quotes. CUM says you have to block before you can play, and he is often played Deonte Thompsons and Evan Spencers who can't catch but can block.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, using wide receivers primarily as blocking backs is what passes for brilliance with you? You must have thought Spurrier was a moron playing all those pass-catchers instead.

By the way this isn't new at all. if you Google "Urban Meyer wide receiver blocking" he will find pages and pages of quotes. CUM says you have to block before you can play, and he is often played Deonte Thompsons and Evan Spencers who can't catch but can block.

Good pounce Swonkey. It was a question answerable without the first two stomps on my toes, after you stuck my toes out where I didn't put them. You operate that way too often.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good pounce Swonkey. It was a question answerable without the first two stomps on my toes, after you stuck my toes out where I didn't put them. You operate that way too often.
Mehhhh rub some dirt on it.

you are still my favorite laughing gas sucker.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If not UF, Wisconsin. He can't get talked in to going to Miami. Mullen just needs to show him the Percy highlight reel.

Amen, Silverback.
How about having Percy analyze it for him. Oops, how'd that NFL film get in there. "New Age recruiting"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.