Pressure Washer recommendation

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Anyone have an opinion for a dependable pressure washer for the home?
We had a Craftsman 3000 psi 2.7GPM that lasted about 6 years but it died just as the son agreed to pressure wash the sidewalk. Craftsman is not what it used to be.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve got a Honda that I’ve had about 15 years that still purrs like a kitten. But I bought a nice electric one last year and use it almost exclusively now. Just so much easier, quieter and doesn’t drink gas like Crete in a room full of Natty Lite.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve got a Honda that I’ve had about 15 years that still purrs like a kitten. But I bought a nice electric one last year and use it almost exclusively now. Just so much easier, quieter and doesn’t drink gas like Crete in a room full of Natty Lite.

I’ve seen people in my neighborhood using those. Are they as effective? They seem so quiet. There’s something about frightening small children in the area and not being able to hear your wife and kids trying to talk to you as you do it that just makes you feel like you’re doing a good job. But I feel like I’m on my last few runs with mine and may also be in the market for a new one.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Found a gas powered 3000psi at Sam’s club today that wasn’t listed on their website. There’s a 30 day return policy so we will try it out.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve seen people in my neighborhood using those. Are they as effective? They seem so quiet. There’s something about frightening small children in the area and not being able to hear your wife and kids trying to talk to you as you do it that just makes you feel like you’re doing a good job. But I feel like I’m on my last few runs with mine and may also be in the market for a new one.
Mine works great for smaller jobs. Boat, truck, fence, etc. Not great on large concrete areas like the driveway but neither is a gas powered without the brush attachment.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Mine works great for smaller jobs. Boat, truck, fence, etc. Not great on large concrete areas like the driveway but neither is a gas powered without the brush attachment.

I was wondering what the difference was between the electric and gas powered models.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was wondering what the difference was between the electric and gas powered models.
Quite a bit less power, but you can buy electric ones that are powerful enough for most jobs. Like I said, mine is great for what I need it for 95% of the time. I won’t buy another gas powered pressure washer.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Welp. I figured out why the other pressure suddenly died. :headslap:

I had N8 assemble the new pressure washer. We took it over to the garage to fill it up with gas. I yell for him to "STOP, that's diesel!"
Oh, it is? That's what I put in the other one. :facepalm:

In his defense we did have our diesel in a gasoline can but it was different from the others. We just knew it was diesel for the tractor and never gave it a second thought.

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
If you buy a gasoline powered pressure washer, use only ethanol free fuel.

WaWa stores offer ethanol free gasoline.

I once had an electric, it topped out at around 1200 psi. But I see some electric's on Home Depot's website that claim 1900 to 2100 psi.

Make sure to use a GFCI in the line if you go with an electric PW.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Welp. I figured out why the other pressure suddenly died. :headslap:

I had N8 assemble the new pressure washer. We took it over to the garage to fill it up with gas. I yell for him to "STOP, that's diesel!"
Oh, it is? That's what I put in the other one. :facepalm:

In his defense we did have our diesel in a gasoline can but it was different from the others. We just knew it was diesel for the tractor and never gave it a second thought.

My brother in law has one can, a yellow one, he uses for both diesel and gasoline. He is gonna get burned one day.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
My brother in law has one can, a yellow one, he uses for both diesel and gasoline. He is gonna get burned one day.

We should have marked it. It's been in this can for 20 years and never occurred to us that one day our son would use it. Shoulda, woulda, coulda..... @Seedy drained it and it cranks. Now I've got the son pressure washing the front side walk and the daughter doing the back deck! I might make a margarita since I have nothing else to do. :lol:

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
We should have marked it. It's been in this can for 20 years and never occurred to us that one day our son would use it. Shoulda, woulda, coulda..... @Seedy drained it and it cranks. Now I've got the son pressure washing the front side walk and the daughter doing the back deck! I might make a margarita since I have nothing else to do. :lol:
Can you run one up here too? This reverse-engineering malware class is gonna kill me. I'm in the "intro to Assembly Code" section. So much is clicking with Assembly that I never understood before.

Anyway...about that margarita?!?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Can you run one up here too? This reverse-engineering malware class is gonna kill me. I'm in the "intro to Assembly Code" section. So much is clicking with Assembly that I never understood before.

Anyway...about that margarita?!?

What?
I can't hear you.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Quite a bit less power, but you can buy electric ones that are powerful enough for most jobs. Like I said, mine is great for what I need it for 95% of the time. I won’t buy another gas powered pressure washer.

Thanks for the suggestions and insight. But you really should get back to Washington, Ms. Stanbenow. :lol:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
So if the older one continues to work ok are you gonna take the new one back to the store within the 30 days or just keep it?
You know, kind of like how you bought a prom dress, wore it to the prom then returned it for a full refund... :fistbump:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Had this 3400 psi Westinghouse bout four months and love it
Lowes for around 350

Attachments

• 20220608_151706.jpg
    20220608_151706.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 11

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I need one too, with a scrubber for the driveway and a 'broom' for under vehicles to get sand and salt.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
a broom?

turn is up and blow that chit out from under.......
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator