Pressure Washer recommendation

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
image.jpg
That’s the exact electric model I have. Works great!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
It’s funny how things have a way of working out. If the son hadn’t put diesel in the pressure washer we never would have had two of them and the kids working at the same time! :lol:

272D66AD-212F-4B1C-90BB-D15B9CEF848A.jpeg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dude, I’m telling you they’re awesome for smaller jobs.
I'm sure it is.....is it battery or plug in? The 2 properties that I even attempt to pressure wash are 2 story and both are almost an acre each with fences, sheds and a cottage. The driveway at our house is screaming at me to be washed but it is almost 300 feet long so it looks like I'll end up paying someone to do it again. The electric might be better for my pool deck and paver pathways though.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure it is.....is it battery or plug in? The 2 properties that I even attempt to pressure wash are 2 story and both are almost an acre each with fences, sheds and a cottage. The driveway at our house is screaming at me to be washed but it is almost 300 feet long so it looks like I'll end up paying someone to do it again. The electric might be better for my pool deck and paver pathways though.
It’s plug in. I’ve never seen a battery powered one and even if there is I’d think the charge would last about long enough to wash your feet.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Pretty sure that’s OE, not Natural Light, but I’ll accept.
Damned straight it's OE.... That dude used to eat 6 McRib sandwiches and kill 2 40oz of OE in less than 5 minutes.......my best was 5 Big Mac's and a rack of BL in less than 9 minutes.....sadly he is no longer with us.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Damned straight it's OE.... That dude used to eat 6 McRib sandwiches and kill 2 40oz of OE in less than 5 minutes.......my best was 5 Big Mac's and a rack of BL in less than 9 minutes.....sadly he is no longer with us.

Oh my goodness. That’s terrible. Any clues as to what may have caused his premature death?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I sold my pressure washer. I’ll just hire someone next time I need a job done. I create jobs.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Dude, I’m telling you they’re awesome for smaller jobs.
As mentioned, if the electric will cover 95% of the things you need, go with that type. Much lighter to move around the electric - your are more likely to want to get on those little jobs as they come up, just because it is easier to set up. When you need something bigger once every two years, rent it. No maintenance, bad gas from sitting in your shed, hard starting from no use, no neighbors wanting to borrow it...

or borrow Crete's...

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I carried my electric up a ladder onto the roof and cleaned my dormers......because I could, gas one would be a no-no.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
A few years ago we replaced the boards on the primary deck. I’m not sure what happened to it. I thought I let them dry out long enough before painting but it started peeling and the sap kept oozing through. We basically had to strip it all off last week and start over. Cooter could have helped advise us. I’m now sanding what’s left but it’s in the mid-90’s this week and in the sun. However it feels the same inside as outside since our HVAC died Saturday (3 days for the part). Portions of this year have really sucked. Feels like we are living in a sad country song. :lol:

A6E899DD-3DA5-47AB-8D70-54B0E2BBE0F2.jpeg

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
A few years ago we replaced the boards on the primary deck. I’m not sure what happened to it. I thought I let them dry out long enough before painting but it started peeling and the sap kept oozing through. We basically had to strip it all off last week and start over. Cooter could have helped advise us. I’m now sanding what’s left but it’s in the mid-90’s this week and in the sun. However it feels the same inside as outside since our HVAC died Saturday (3 days for the part). Portions of this year have really sucked. Feels like we are living in a sad country song. :lol:

View attachment 44119
So what kind of sander are you using? AC power? Battery power? Pneumatic? Elbow grease? Come on girl, we need details...

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
So what kind of sander are you using? AC power? Battery power? Pneumatic? Elbow grease? Come on girl, we need details...
Seedy had been using a drywall pole sander on the walls in the bathroom so I tried it with 80grit paper. After it ripped off the pad I used elbow grease. We do have a small electric sander that I was going to try tonight after the sun goes down.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Seedy had been using a drywall pole sander on the walls in the bathroom so I tried it with 80grit paper. After it ripped off the pad I used elbow grease. We do have a small electric sander that I was going to try tonight after the sun goes down.
Hmmm, sounds like another one of those jobs you've been creating for the seedlings... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb