Pro Football Focus ranks 2020 Florida #19

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
19. FLORIDA GATORS

Before Florida fans start complaining over their team's No. 19 ranking, they should keep in mind that the Gators are losing three of their six most valuable players — Jonathan Greenard, Freddie Swain and Van Jefferson — and Kyle Trask rarely impressed on a game-to-game basis. Trask had just two game grades above 70.0 all season long. On the bright side, the Gators return one of the best young cornerbacks in Kaiir Elam, who allowed just 10 catches on 23 targets and was responsible for six combined pass breakups and interceptions. A healthy Kadarius Toney should help matters, too.

PFF College: Way-too-early 2020 top 25 rankings | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

I like how they tell us to keep things in mind, because they know the ranking is crap. Ranked below Louisville, but don't complain!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m guessing if we end up ranked 19th we’ll be about 9-4. I really don’t see us losing 4 games unless we make it to Atlanta, lose and then drop our bowl game.
In other words...bullsh*t.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m guessing if we end up ranked 19th we’ll be about 9-4. I really don’t see us losing 4 games unless we make it to Atlanta, lose and then drop our bowl game.
Exactly. no way Kentucky, Mizzu, LSU or Tennessee could beat us.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
So before I even look, I'm guessing pOSU is #1.

:bwahaha:

Just like I thought. And of course Oklahoma will be better with freshman QB. And VT as well. Iowa state too. Trask rarely impressed? I can safely say that we gave LSU a better game in their place than any other team. Auburn could maybe make an argument but after that.

Anthony Treash looks to be about 13 and a Big 10 homer.

Last edited:

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I don’t understand why Oklahoma is still considered at top tier team. Until the big 12 competes on the national level I consider them irrelevant

in fact the big 12 went 1-5 in bowl games this year.
The pac 12 did better.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

There's only two teams ranked ahead of us on that poll, so I'm guessing they are predicting that we lose to uga, lsu, and a random unranked team. That's not terribly far-fetched because we do lose several key starters, especially on defense. But I also think Trask performed better than what they gave him credit for, and he'll likely only improve since last year was the most he's ever played in his life.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have some unknowns and a weak schedule. I’d guess we’re 9-3 worst case, barring injuries. If the OL improves dramatically, we could make a run.

conversely, we could be worse than 9-3, but that would take some extenuating circumstances.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
We have some unknowns and a weak schedule. I’d guess we’re 9-3 worst case, barring injuries. If the OL improves dramatically, we could make a run.

conversely, we could be worse than 9-3, but that would take some extenuating circumstances.

Imo 9-3 is a disaster and if we’re in that position Emory better be in 100% of the games

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'm fine with this (though I too think it's silly). Should be a great motivator for the off season. Maybe we'll play next season with a chip on our shoulder. Couldn't hurt

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
We've finished in the top 10 for 2 straight seasons and return more starters than multiple teams in front of us. You can't put LSU AND UGAy in the top 7 (both of whom lost practically their entire offenses) and then say "well the Gators lose 3 of their top 6 players, so they deserve to drop 13 spots from last year's ranking."

Sorry, that's just pure laziness or abject incompetence.

There's a valid argument that Florida might step back next year after losing a few difference-makers on offense and defense. But if you're advancing that argument against us, you better be honest in assessing other teams who lost more than we did and this clown most clearly did not.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If our O-LINE, which pass blocked better than I expected, had improved run blocking duringthe season (except for the bowl game), then I would expect us to be better. As it is, I don't know.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
LSU loses Burrow, Aranda, and Brady and ranked in the top 10?

giphy.gif

And UGA has a QB from Wake Forest and the dreaded ACC. I'm sure Kirby will do a great job with Newman.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
We're going to easily win 10 games next year. Just need to win 11 and possibly that 12th which would send us to Atlanta

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb