Product review: My Pillow mattress topper and pillows

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I've been seeing the ad's for this for years now while laying in bed watching Fox News. Finally I decided to give it a try and told my better half I wanted both the topper and pillows as a Christmas present. Got it on Xmas and put it on the bed. First thing is it raises your mattress about 3-4 inches so if you try it be sure to order the correct size or your sheets may not fit.

Gotta say after 2 nights it's pretty damned good and seems like it will be worth the price. The pillows also seem to be as advertised and I've thrown the other 8 that were on the bed off to the side instead of bunching them up and stuffing them under my head to watch TV while I doze off.

I'm a heavy but brief sleeper(normally about 5 -5.5 hours) . Normally I fall asleep pretty quickly but often wake up to piss between 2AM-3AM and then it's about 50-50 whether I fall back to sleep or not. When I do I feel very groggy and sore when I wake which is normally 4.30-5.00AM......for the last 2 days I slept until 6.30 and a lot of the aches and pain from being 55 and ruining my knees playing sports along with the auto accident I had a while back seem to be almost gone...

I guess this dude was a crack head that couldn't sleep and that's how he invented this. So maybe there is some things we should trust about crackheads....lol. Anyway like with anything new I'm still a little skeptical and plan on doing an update from time to time to check and see if it's a worthwhile investment. In the meantime has anyone else used this product?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just feel like if your mattress needs a topper, you need a new mattress. :scratchhead:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I just feel like if your mattress needs a topper, you need a new mattress. :scratchhead:
2 years old from the Mattress Factory....felt good in the store but not so much since bringing it home. Before that we had their adjustable beds for about a year and they kinda sucked(finding the remote and falling into the crack between the individual mattresses, noise and so on)….horrible for banging.....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
2 years old from the Mattress Factory....felt good in the store but not so much since bringing it home. Before that we had their adjustable beds for about a year and they kinda sucked(finding the remote and falling into the crack between the individual mattresses, noise and so on)….horrible for banging.....
Sucks when you get one that doesn’t sleep worth a ****. Suck it up and buy a new one. I’m sure you have some relatives that’ll take your 2 year old one.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sucks when you get one that doesn’t sleep worth a ****. Suck it up and buy a new one. I’m sure you have some relatives that’ll take your 2 year old one.
Gonna give this thing a shot for a while. I've never been really picky about mattresses before but I guess that comes with age and the aches it brings....

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Put our old mattress in spare bedroom and when Son came home from Navy for a visit he said, And I quote " I get to sleep with millions of my dead Brothers and Sisters".

Once he said that I'll never sleep on a used mattress again

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Give it a month and come back for review. I don't have a mattress topper but we do have 2 pillows. The first week I thought the same thing, that they were legit. After a month, they wear out their fluff. You can re-fluff in the dryer but that only lasts a couple weeks. I'm glade I got them at Costco for a BOGO.

I also hate that the "King size" is no where near a king size pillow. It's like 3/4 the size.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Give it a month and come back for review. I don't have a mattress topper but we do have 2 pillows. The first week I thought the samstuffinge thing, that they were legit. After a month, they wear out their fluff. You can re-fluff in the dryer but that only lasts a couple weeks. I'm glade I got them at Costco for a BOGO.

I also hate that the "King size" is no where near a king size pillow. It's like 3/4 the size.
Yeah I'm normally skeptical about stuff that gets peddled on infomercials but didn't think it would hurt to try before purchasing a 3rd mattress in the last 3 or 4 years.....Agree about the pillow size already although I'm not waking up with a sore neck from stuffing too many of the old pillows behind my head. I'll do some periodic follow up's to make sure I'm not having a placebo effect....

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Coincidentally I finally bought a new mattress. The old one had to be 25+ years old. But the damn thing doesn't get delivered until the 3rd. Yeah, I know, 25 years is a long time but king mattresses are expensive for name brands. Finally found a 50% off Christmas sale at Macy's.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Coincidentally I finally bought a new mattress. The old one had to be 25+ years old. But the damn thing doesn't get delivered until the 3rd. Yeah, I know, 25 years is a long time but king mattresses are expensive for name brands. Finally found a 50% off Christmas sale at Macy's.
That thing had to weigh about a thousand pounds after 25 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator