Proposed changes

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
With all the uproar I've heard about Alabama vs Clemson V or whatever it is now, people are asking for parity. What would be some ideas for that you think?

Obviously all the talent UA is getting is a major cause, I think Saban is a really good coach but his guys are really just better than you at every position. Every.

What if there was a reduced number of schollys for schools? This would automatically make talent more available to more teams. If you could also reduce the number of active players for each year down some more that'd help. What about you commit and your there. Transfers only for a major hardship. What's some more ideas?

I'm just trying to think of how to keep things interesting. I'm really kind of not interested in seeing this same ole game again.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Generally, people don't really like parity. As fans, we talk about it all the time, but the reality is that we want "our" team to succeed, not all. Parity would imply that lower tiered P5 schools should have the same opportunity as the blue bloods. Well that's just ridiculous!

I'm beginning to hate Bama as much as everyone else. What's more is that I'm also starting to despise all of the front running, cupcake kids that don't have the courage to be their own man and go somewhere else. But I'm whole heartedly against instituting new rules to slow them down. That seems bush league, to me. If you want to stop someone you have to man up and figure out how to beat them. You can't run to the NCAA crying because Alabama is too good. Imagine how weak that is. And imagine how much respect you would lose for someone that did that to us. Just be patient. Everything has an expiration date.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Eliminate the analyst position. Make the on field assistants do the actual scouting/game-planning.

Set a ceiling on recruiting budgets.

Eliminate ESD. Go back to one signing day only.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Raise academic admission requirements for football players.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
For the most part I think things are okay as they are. I think about what changes I would want to make if we were on the top of the football world again, and I would want things left alone. I would be a hypocrite to say differently just because someone else is on top.

Saban won't be around forever. Then Bama will have the same challenges in finding their next coach as everyone else.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see the NCAA enforce existing rules equally. I think the top tier teams get a pass from the Nut Swingers at the NCAA.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
hire their bagman..........

Exactly - As long as the top recruits (where the family doesn't have much money) seem to end up at certain schools with brand new fancy rides I doubt things change anytime soon. Its so bad now many of them brag about what they just got on social media right after signing with Bama, Georgia etc.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
No changes are required as far as I am concerned. Now the rules need to be applied the same for all.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Exactly - As long as the top recruits (where the family doesn't have much money) seem to end up at certain schools with brand new fancy rides I doubt things change anytime soon. Its so bad now many of them brag about what they just got on social media right after signing with Bama, Georgia etc.

I'm not enough of a social media junkie to see these "new fancy rides" social media posts. It would be interesting to have a thread compiling some of these.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Leave it alone. Stop with the meddling and tweaking. Same with the goddamn rules. You want to change something to make the game better? Get rid of the god awful targeting BS.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not enough of a social media junkie to see these "new fancy rides" social media posts. It would be interesting to have a thread compiling some of these.

Georgia 5 Star recruit

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nice Raptor. Maybe one day I'll have enough disposable income to afford one myself.
Or you could just spend every penny you have on a sweet ride and let the government pay for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator