Puke!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n209747 said:
And what value did this thread add to the board? We get it, you hate Foley and blame him for everything. Yes, he royally ****ed us with Muschamp, we lost in an unfortunate way to FSU in basketball, and we lost 2 games out of 3 to FSU in baseball.

I hate FSU as much as the next guy, but this thread just seems silly. Maybe if your OP had any depth to it it might generate a reasonable discussion, but it didn't so you have to expect silly responses.

I actually pondered whether to even mention Foley because of your crowd. Foley could be caught burning down Ben Hill Griffin and you'd still exclaim he's the best AD ever. Zero objectivity. None.

I'm glad you readily admit your response was silly...now run along. We're done here.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be honest. FSU is perennially strong in football and (esp) baseball. The basketball loss was a fluke, nothing more. I wouldn't trade our coach for theirs in a million years. It's football where the problem lies. The trend lines have been moving in radically opposite directions. The ball is in McElwain's court.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n209563 said:
For the first time in 35 years FSU has beaten us in football, baseball and basketball in the same season.

But hey Foley is(was?) the best in the biz folks.

We went 35 years without them beating us in all 3 and it required us shooting in our own basket and an extra innings baseball game... you are right... this has now happened 1 time since Foley has been AD. He clearly is horrible for allowing this to happen once.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n209760 said:
We went 35 years without them beating us in all 3 and it required us shooting in our own basket and an extra innings baseball game... you are right... this has now happened 1 time since Foley has been AD. He clearly is horrible for allowing this to happen once.

A fair point and I expected this response. He isn't horrible though I do think he may be losing his touch. We'll see.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n209730 said:
:headscratch:
Thanks, I was typing as I headed out the door, didn't catch that when i his post.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Might do us some brain balancing to remember 1979 record 0-10-1 then 1980 8-4 HC Pell.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
ATXGator;n209760 said:
We went 35 years without them beating us in all 3 and it required us shooting in our own basket and an extra innings baseball game where we had two players not in the game due to their arrest IIRC... you are right... this has now happened 1 time since Foley has been AD. He clearly is horrible for allowing this to happen once.

FIFY

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n209769 said:
A fair point and I expected this response. He isn't horrible though I do think he may be losing his touch. We'll see.

Lets take those 3 teams... other than football... do you really think he is losing his touch with Baseball or Basketball? I would be shocked if anybody had issues with the Basektball program even with a down year. Baseball has been solid and seems to be getting better... do you think he made a bad hire with Baseball?

Basically... the "losing his touch" is 100% focused on the bad hire of Muschamp and there are no guarantees. If McElwain succeeds that statement looks really bad.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n209916 said:
Lets take those 3 teams... other than football... do you really think he is losing his touch with Baseball or Basketball? I would be shocked if anybody had issues with the Basektball program even with a down year. Baseball has been solid and seems to be getting better... do you think he made a bad hire with Baseball?

Basically... the "losing his touch" is 100% focused on the bad hire of Muschamp and there are no guarantees. If McElwain succeeds that statement looks really bad.

Now there's some objective thinking. :highfive:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n209916 said:

He's an all-time great Gator. Sorry that I feel he seems out of touch recently. That JMAC hire is huge.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Basketball is the only unusual loss and we all know what happened there. The other two sports ebb and flow.
Take a deep breath, it will be fine.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n209948 said:
Yeah cause Billy Donovan and Kevin O'Sullivan are awful coaches. :lol:

Yeah because no one said they weren't

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neither of you read very well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fooley never had a touch with football, other than a touch of luck that he had Machen and the only team bidding against him for Meyer was ND, the only major program more cheapskate than Fooley.

Back to basketball and baseball, what percentage of the Gator Nation even knew those games occurred and what the score was? 1%? A fraction of a percent? We are the absolute fanatics and the is nearly zero interest even here.

Things suck right now but it has nothing to do with badmitton, bouncey ball, and cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator