Puke!

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Law98gator;n210135 said:
Fooley never had a touch with football, other than a touch of luck that he had Machen and the only team bidding against him for Meyer was ND, the only major program more cheapskate than Fooley.

Back to basketball and baseball, what percentage of the Gator Nation even knew those games occurred and what the score was? 1%? A fraction of a percent? We are the absolute fanatics and the is nearly zero interest even here.

Things suck right now but it has nothing to do with badmitton, bouncey ball, and cricket.

Yeah because no one has pride in their University.....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Blacklabgator;n210205 said:
I'm struggling to figure out the reason for the post other than insinuate that.

I've never made a comment about our baseball coach. I support Billy 100 million percent.

Keep struggling lil fella

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n209983 said:
Yeah because no one said they weren't

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neither of you read very well.

Well you put the blame on Foley, who hired Donovan and O'Sullivan. So unless you're saying Foley is the one coaching and playing in these games that were lost, I'm not sure what point you're making. But you often have no point, so I guess it's par for the course.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n210305 said:
Well you put the blame on Foley, who hired Donovan and O'Sullivan. So unless you're saying Foley is the one coaching and playing in these games that were lost, I'm not sure what point you're making. But you often have no point, so I guess it's par for the course.

This, The little fella is struggling to make sense with this thread.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Bottom line, some think Foley is awful and needs to sent down the road. Most with AFS know he is the real deal and sh#t happens when you 1. Hire FB coaches 2. Choose #1 draft picks 3. Get married 4. Have children 5. select a new toothpaste. Many things are a crap shoot and to think JF would get fire in a bottle a third time after SOS and UM is a stretch. Even Bama (the be all end all of college FB) struggled mightily to right that ship. Hell, even Satan lost to a directional school on the way. Foley is almost the standard for AD's in this country. Nothing makes me prouder than to discuss the athletic program at UF. When I still have national title shirts in FB and BB not worn out (and I wear them) I know we are still relevant.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n210305 said:
Other than choke when the games really matter, what has O'Sullivan done? I think he's a solid manager but he's one of those guys that will never win it all because he melts down in big games. I'd leave him out of your point.

Foley has Donovan, that's literally it. He took a chance on the guy, almost certainly to save money at the time from hiring a proven coach, and Billy made him look good. It was nothing more than Foley's legendary cheapness (except when it came to Muschamp) that landed us Billy Donovan. The idea that Foley really believed Billy would be a HOF coach is laughable.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I see that the silly season is in full swing.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n210358 said:
Other than choke when the games really matter, what has O'Sullivan done? I think he's a solid manager but he's one of those guys that will never win it all because he melts down in big games. I'd leave him out of your point.

Foley has Donovan, that's literally it. He took a chance on the guy, almost certainly to save money at the time from hiring a proven coach, and Billy made him look good. It was nothing more than Foley's legendary cheapness (except when it came to Muschamp) that landed us Billy Donovan. The idea that Foley really believed Billy would be a HOF coach is laughable.

Well not that it really matters to many of us, but he has a very deep set of coaches in the women's programs. Very competitive in the SEC and on a national basis. Somehow he gets no credit for any of this? Creating two championship caliper programs from scratch in a very short period of time is an accomplishment. His keeping our program in good financial position is another large accomplishment.

Now is he perfect?? Of course not, but he is a long time Gator and nobody should question his goals. Simple!!!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n210399 said:
Now is he perfect?? Of course not, but he is a long time Gator and nobody should question his goals. Simple!!!

No one is questioning his goals. Some are questioning how he is trying to achieve those goals and if he is even being successful at reaching them.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n210399 said:
Well not that it really matters to many of us, but he has a very deep set of coaches in the women's programs. Very competitive in the SEC and on a national basis. Somehow he gets no credit for any of this? Creating two championship caliper programs from scratch in a very short period of time is an accomplishment. His keeping our program in good financial position is another large accomplishment.

First off, I wasn't even aware UF had any women's sports programs. However, I looked it up and it checks out.

Since football pays for every other part of the athletic program and it's what represents UF athletics to the rest of the country, it's 85% of his job. If he's failed multiple times with the football program, then he's failing at his job, regardless of how the other sports are doing.

The Muschamp situation was bungled in such a monumental manner it should have cost him his job. I feel it's safe to say it couldn't have been handled worse.

I don't hate the guy and he's done some good things at UF, but no one should be infallible. Some disagree, but the athletic program isn't going to completely fall to pieces when Foley leaves. Believe it or not, there are other people out there that can attract quality coaches to one of the premier schools in the country. With the status UF has, they SHOULD have elite coaches in every corner of the athletic program.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
WobbleGator;n210401 said:
Some are questioning how he is trying to achieve those goals and if he is even being successful at reaching them
:highfive:

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
oxrageous;n210412 said:
The Muschamp situation was bungled in such a monumental manner it should have cost him his job.
:clap:^^^^x1000000 thats money!:popcorn:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n210399 said:
t he has a very deep set of coaches in the women's programs.

I've found my point...lol. Who freaking cares?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
635626506955580243396723130_Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n210522 said:
I've found my point...lol. Who freaking cares?

Do you mind enlightening the rest of us on what this point is? You said you almost didn't mention Foley in the OP yet it seems like you fully intended this thread to be a Foley sucks thread. If it's a **** FSU thread, seems you went about it in an odd way. Or maybe your point is actually "who freaking cares" in which case I'm still confused about the purpose of starting this thread if in fact you don't care.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Swamp Queen;n210721 said:
Do you mind enlightening the rest of us on what this point is? You said you almost didn't mention Foley in the OP yet it seems like you fully intended this thread to be a Foley sucks thread. If it's a **** FSU thread, seems you went about it in an odd way. Or maybe your point is actually "who freaking cares" in which case I'm still confused about the purpose of starting this thread if in fact you don't care.

This.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n210412 said:
First off, I wasn't even aware UF had any women's sports programs. However, I looked it up and it checks out.

Since football pays for every other part of the athletic program and it's what represents UF athletics to the rest of the country, it's 85% of his job. If he's failed multiple times with the football program, then he's failing at his job, regardless of how the other sports are doing.

The Muschamp situation was bungled in such a monumental manner it should have cost him his job. I feel it's safe to say it couldn't have been handled worse.

I don't hate the guy and he's done some good things at UF, but no one should be infallible. Some disagree, but the athletic program isn't going to completely fall to pieces when Foley leaves. Believe it or not, there are other people out there that can attract quality coaches to one of the premier schools in the country. With the status UF has, they SHOULD have elite coaches in every corner of the athletic program.

EVERY DAMN WORD OF THIS.

F$@% Semenholes and fire Fooley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator