Pulse on Napier

Where do you stand on your belief in Napier?

• He’s definitely the guy, but will take some time to turn it around.

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • He’s the guy and will have success in 2023

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • On the fence, definite red flags and concerns. Not sure he’ll overcome them.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • He’s not the guy, hope he stocks the cupboard with talent.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • He’s not the guy, will be on hot seat by end of 2023.

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Interested to see where everybody stands on Napier at this point. Both the vocal and the ones who don’t post nearly enough.

I’m currently in the camp that’s on the fence. He’s doing some good things “foundation-wise” but needs to start landing more elite talent. But, there are major red flags he’ll need to improve (i.e. new DC/get PT some help, game management, playcalling, need for ST coach).

Discuss.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Point me towards a poll. I’m giving the people what they want.

You’re welcome.

PS - make sure to do your civic duty and vote.
I could have added this silly poll to one of the other threads.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Looking forward to what changes he makes in the offseason. Should he fail to make any changes, I'll likely be changing my vote to a tier below.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think a lot of teams are going to look completely different next year. I'm also think we do very well in the portal. Success to me next year would be winningboercentsge against rivals (I believe we will) build on recruiting (i think we finish top 5 next year), and I believe we win 8 games or more. And 2024 we make a run at the SEC/Playoff from back to back top 8 recruiting classes and momentum. Just my opinion

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Were the other 15 Napier threads not enough?
We need to thoroughly express our dissatisfaction with current results. Super disappointing compared to expectations. Lots of other 1st year coaches had success. We have to wait til next year for proof of concepts.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I think a lot of teams are going to look completely different next year. I'm also think we do very well in the portal. Success to me next year would be winningboercentsge against rivals (I believe we will) build on recruiting (i think we finish top 5 next year), and I believe we win 8 games or more. And 2024 we make a run at the SEC/Playoff from back to back top 8 recruiting classes and momentum. Just my opinion
When you start 0-4 against rivals... no where to go but up (yes, I counted LSU.). I do hope you are correct about 2024. I feel Napier's style can't win $hit without a stacked roster. He needs the Saban or Dabo talent advantage for his vanilla offense to prevail.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We need to thoroughly express our dissatisfaction with current results. Super disappointing compared to expectations. Lots of other 1st year coaches had success. We have to wait til next year for proof of concepts.
In order to trigger the maximum amount of people, I will state I was completely satisfied with the season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
None of the answers. I’d say he’s doing the right job building the program but did not do well this year with game management. Next year will be very telling with how he uses the portal to win games. He doesn’t need to compete for the SEC. But he cannot lose to the teams he lost to this year.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Like…recruiting and overall demeanor

Don‘t like…predictable play calling, team not progressing game to game and actually regressing in some areas, refusal to hire a QB coach and/or an OC, seemingly blind loyalty to DC, in game decisions and time management (getting OC should help this)

He needs to tighten his feces in those areas this off-season or I think he will lose this fan base and NIL support by year 3.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
When you start 0-4 against rivals... no where to go but up (yes, I counted LSU.). I do hope you are correct about 2024. I feel Napier's style can't win $hit without a stacked roster. He needs the Saban or Dabo talent advantage for his vanilla offense to prevail.
I disagree i think you need good rb play which we have a great rb room. You need a Qb who is capable of hitting the deep throw, and a Wr that can get over the top. I think we have the Wr pieces in this class and if we get a qb transfer like a Maye we could be really good next year and going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb