Pulse on Napier

Where do you stand on your belief in Napier?

• He’s definitely the guy, but will take some time to turn it around.

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • He’s the guy and will have success in 2023

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • On the fence, definite red flags and concerns. Not sure he’ll overcome them.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • He’s not the guy, hope he stocks the cupboard with talent.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • He’s not the guy, will be on hot seat by end of 2023.

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
None of the answers. I’d say he’s doing the right job building the program but did not do well this year with game management. Next year will be very telling with how he uses the portal to win games. He doesn’t need to compete for the SEC. But he cannot lose to the teams he lost to this year.
This is kinda how I feel. I think they will do well in the portal, the teams that did well in the portal last year are not recruiting better than we are so I feel now that they see what could happen i think they hit it hard this year. As far as beating rivals I think we can beat TN, FSU at home. Split LSU and UGA you did better. Gotta get a Qb in the portal who can make throws though

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With Billy calling the plays does AR understand the signals that are being sent in? Giving AR a lot of credit.

TheDude

Jan 1, 2022
Like- the dude recruits his ass off and got major facility upgrades
Can’t F’ing Stand- in game coaching….
Pretty much the same as everyone let’s see next year

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Looking forward to what changes he makes in the offseason. Should he fail to make any changes, I'll likely be changing my vote to a tier below.l

I’m actually the opposite. I have a hard time with having any long-term confidence with someone who makes an egregiously bad hire in his first swing(see WM). If he is overwhelmed in one aspect, it’s really hard to imagine that will be isolated. Similar to DM and Grantham. If this is your vision, fine. I’d almost prefer no changes and just see if it works. That’s been his formula.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I’m on the fence for sure. He needs a passing coordinator and more than likely needs to give up OC/QB coach and focus on making better in game decisions.

Other than that I think he can be the guy, we will know a lot more next season for sure.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Urbs or Spurrier would have gone 8-4
To 9/3 with this same team.

This is a shiit show.

Unacceptable and I’m officially off the train.
No, I don’t want him fired after one season.
Recruiting is showing signs of what we need.
All the talent In the world will never overcome these type coaching deficiencies.

This guy would consistently go 9-3 to 10-2 with Georgia or Bama Talent.

Stock the cubbards , then get a real coach after next year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Urbs or Spurrier would have gone 8-4
To 9/3 with this same team.

This is a shiit show.

Unacceptable and I’m officially off the train.
No, I don’t want him fired after one season.
Recruiting is showing signs of what we need.
All the talent In the world will never overcome these type coaching deficiencies.

This guy would consistently go 9-3 to 10-2 with Georgia or Bama Talent.

Stock the cubbards , then get a real coach after next year.
I think Urbs would have a chance at a winning record with this team. Urbs would maximize what little he had on offense by leaning on the legs or AR and his RB's with very little downfied passing, IMO. Defense would be an issue, but Urbs would be big on TOP and field position to try to help

SOS could only have a winning record by not playing AR. Defense way too awful for SOS as no way to consistently score 50 with this team. AR could no way QB an SOS system even if it was scaled down. The passing alone requires extreme accuracy and pretty precise timing. AR possesses neither.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
How the hell am I the only vote in 2023 hot seat category. Bunch of keyboard warriors who cow when it's time to stand up.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I think Urbs would have a chance at a winning record with this team. Urbs would maximize what little he had on offense by leaning on the legs or AR and his RB's with very little downfied passing, IMO. Defense would be an issue, but Urbs would be big on TOP and field position to try to help

SOS could only have a winning record by not playing AR. Defense way too awful for SOS as no way to consistently score 50 with this team. AR could no way QB an SOS system even if it was scaled down. The passing alone requires extreme accuracy and pretty precise timing. AR possesses neither.
The point is, neither Spurrier or Urbs would have brought in such an incompetent staff, offense or defense.

I was specifically alluding to the team, the players, the current roster.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How the hell am I the only vote in 2023 hot seat category. Bunch of keyboard warriors who cow when it's time to stand up.
How is voting in an anonymous poll "standing up"?

Saying he'll be on the hot seat next year is incredibly dumb, even for a hater like you. Give me a break.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The point is, neither Spurrier or Urbs would have brought in such an incompetent staff, offense or defense.

I was specifically alluding to the team, the players, the current roster.
Gotcha. But SOS did bring in one Jon Hoke. Trusted Stoopsy on that one a little much, LOL

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
How is voting in an anonymous poll "standing up"?

Saying he'll be on the hot seat next year is incredibly dumb, even for a hater like you. Give me a break.
Ox
You think if he loses at Utah game one, then stinks it up the next week and starts off 0-2 he’s NOT on the hot seat year two?

Hell, he’s Harsin in waiting.

Napier better kick asss in recruiting and then beat the hell out of UCF in the French’s mustard bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator