Pulse on Napier

Where do you stand on your belief in Napier?

• He’s definitely the guy, but will take some time to turn it around.

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • He’s the guy and will have success in 2023

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • On the fence, definite red flags and concerns. Not sure he’ll overcome them.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • He’s not the guy, hope he stocks the cupboard with talent.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • He’s not the guy, will be on hot seat by end of 2023.

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
It has occurred to me that Michigan was all ready to fire Harbaugh after year three with little to no improvement.
But damn, look what Harbaugh has put on the field the last two seasons.

Can Napier build something like that?

I’m just not sure.
Would we wait that long for two back to back SEC championships and appearances in the playoffs???

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Damn
Honestly, I can’t see O’Cyrus sitting out.
Just doesn’t seem to fit the “culture” he’s played under.
Seems like a good dude, but he must make a biz decision. Came from the Belt highly regarded, proved he could play at a high level in the toughest conference, so prudence would say not to play. No one would fault him. Risking someone falling into your legs in a meaningless game, just not worth the risk.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
How the hell am I the only vote in 2023 hot seat category. Bunch of keyboard warriors who cow when it's time to stand up.
This year was really bad, but it’s year one. I’m therefore on the fence and hoping he can find a way to turn it around next year. But if he stinks it up next year I will be solidly in the camp that’s there no point in a year 3.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Ox
You think if he loses at Utah game one, then stinks it up the next week and starts off 0-2 he’s NOT on the hot seat year two?

Hell, he’s Harsin in waiting.

Napier better kick asss in recruiting and then beat the hell out of UCF in the French’s mustard bowl.
UAA's checks are still clearing I guess.

Losing to Vandy this year put way more "noise in the system" than otherwise would have been and he's going to be given less slack next year because of it. His seat could be thermonuclear by UGA.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It has occurred to me that Michigan was all ready to fire Harbaugh after year three with little to no improvement.

I’m just not sure.
Would we wait that long for two back to back SEC championships and appearances in the playoffs???
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach as firmly on the not seat as he was and survive it. He deserves props for the turnaround…boogereater or not.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Guy was like 5 years in nothing really to show but somehow was able to take a pay cut and avoid being fired. it’s been working out for them since I guess.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

I’m just not sure.
Harbaugh had NFL and power 5 head coaching stints long before taking the Michigan job, including coaching in and damn near winning the Super Bowl, and while at Stanford, beating number 1 USC as a 41 point road underdog, considered one of the greatest upsets in college football history. Other than hoping Napier can turn the program around after a disappointing season, there’s really no similarity between them and Harbaugh’s success isn’t all that surprising.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox
You think if he loses at Utah game one, then stinks it up the next week and starts off 0-2 he’s NOT on the hot seat year two?

Hell, he’s Harsin in waiting.

Napier better kick asss in recruiting and then beat the hell out of UCF in the French’s mustard bowl.
Winning or losing the bowl game doesn't amount to a hill of beans. The only thing that really matters right now is recruiting.

Do you really think Stricklin hired Napier with anything but a long-term outlook? I think he could go 0-12 next season and not get fired. Stricklin, right or wrong, is all in on this rebuild. If things went completely south, and I mean COMPLETELY south, it's possible he could be on the hot seat in year 3. No chance in hell before that, especially if recruiting remains strong.

BN is here for a while, guys. Settle in. Best-case scenario for those that want him gone is during or after year 4 like all the others, in my opinion.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Losing to Vandy this year put way more "noise in the system" than otherwise would have been and he's going to be given less slack next year because of it. His seat could be thermonuclear by UGA.
Absolute idiocy. The people who have the power to fire Napier were not even remotely swayed by any game this season. This take is laughable. They are actually looking at the big picture. Do not expect anything to happen until year 4 at the very earliest.

I think Stricklin loves BN so much he'd have sex with him if he could.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
How is voting in an anonymous poll "standing up"?

Saying he'll be on the hot seat next year is incredibly dumb, even for a hater like you. Give me a break.
That's the point.

Anyway, pool says after 2023. If we go 6-6 as many are predicting and Sunbelt Billy isn't on the hot seat I'm turning in my Gator fan card.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Absolute idiocy. The people who have the power to fire Napier were not even remotely swayed by any game this season. This take is laughable. They are actually looking at the big picture. Do not expect anything to happen until year 4 at the very earliest.

I think Stricklin loves BN so much he'd have sex with him if he could.
If true about Stricklin, and I'm not disagreeing, he needs gone now. I'm hoping his job is hinging on his 2 hires in the only money- making sports. Anything short of 2 for 2 means adios.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If true about Stricklin, and I'm not disagreeing, he needs gone now. I'm hoping his job is hinging on his 2 hires in the only money- making sports. Anything short of 2 for 2 means adios.
The chances of Stricklin being fired are 1 in 273 billion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.