Pulse on Napier

Where do you stand on your belief in Napier?

• He’s definitely the guy, but will take some time to turn it around.

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • He’s the guy and will have success in 2023

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • On the fence, definite red flags and concerns. Not sure he’ll overcome them.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • He’s not the guy, hope he stocks the cupboard with talent.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • He’s not the guy, will be on hot seat by end of 2023.

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why is Jay banned?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've found of late the need to remind myself that you really can't get a pulse on a new coach until he gets all his pieces in place. That begins with the quarterback position, which has been impacted by maddening inconsistency. Does Napier make the same play calling decisions if he's got a guy who he can count on to make plays? Similarly, does he evaluate field position the same if he has a defense he can trust?

He's far from perfect and so are the circumstances he finds himself in. We'll know more in a year when his footprint is firmer on the roster. For now, my thoughts on Napier as a hire are as inconsistent as the play on the field, and probably for good reason.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I've found of late the need to remind myself that you really can't get a pulse on a new coach until he gets all his pieces in place. That begins with the quarterback position, which has been impacted by maddening inconsistency. Does Napier make the same play calling decisions if he's got a guy who he can count on to make plays? Similarly, does he evaluate field position the same if he has a defense he can trust?

He's far from perfect and so are the circumstances he finds himself in. We'll know more in a year when his footprint is firmer on the roster. For now, my thoughts on Napier as a hire are as inconsistent as the play on the field, and probably for good reason.
To hear Shane Matthews tell it, Napier’s play calling has been severely hindered by his distrust in AR. Shane says that AR doesn’t really understand the offense, and really struggles operating out of the pistol, and that that’s basically why we’ve seen about the same 7-10 plays all year passing.

Having said that, I get that Billy is a process guy, but it’s maddening that he was unwilling to adapt his scheme to fit AR’s strengths and maybe win more games this year(Kentucky and Vandy stand out, probably F$U too).

I guess we will see what happens when he has a guy that’s more suited for his offense, but it was damn sure frustrating to watch. For all the shyt we talked about Cousin Eddie, he was willing to adapt to his personnel. Whether he played the right personnel is a different discussion altogether, but AR did look better and more comfortable in his system.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To hear Shane Matthews tell it, Napier’s play calling has been severely hindered by his distrust in AR. Shane says that AR doesn’t really understand the offense, and really struggles operating out of the pistol, and that that’s basically why we’ve seen about the same 7-10 plays all year passing.

Having said that, I get that Billy is a process guy, but it’s maddening that he was unwilling to adapt his scheme to fit AR’s strengths and maybe win more games this year(Kentucky and Vandy stand out, probably F$U too).

I guess we will see what happens when he has a guy that’s more suited for his offense, but it was damn sure frustrating to watch. For all the shyt we talked about Cousin Eddie, he was willing to adapt to his personnel. Whether he played the right personnel is a different discussion altogether, but AR did look better and more comfortable in his system.

You are absolutely right about Mullen being the guy who could have gotten the most from Richardson. He was, after all, the guy who brought him to Florida. He's also the guy who refused to cave to fan and media pressure to play Richardson early and often and while hurt.

Maybe we can have now have a greater appreciation for Mullen's perspective.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No No No GIF

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are absolutely right about Mullen being the guy who could have gotten the most from Richardson. He was, after all, the guy who brought him to Florida. He's also the guy who refused to cave to fan and media pressure to play Richardson early and often and while hurt.

darth vader GIF

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Is going 10-2 with Bama talent a slight or compliment? Bama’s record is

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He’s overcooked the steak a half dozen times . New garlic cloves , butter and rosemary may make it edible but it’s not good enough and you ought to send it back .

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps if Mullen actually put in the work that successful coaches put in, he would have won more games. Alas, he is the laziest SOB I have ever seen in his position. I thought no one could be more lazy than Butters and I was proven wrong. After neglecting recruiting while giving his vacation time top priority, I wish him the worst of luck.

May his armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He’s overcooked the steak a half dozen times . New garlic cloves , butter and rosemary may make it edible but it’s not good enough and you ought to send it back .
Maybe he'll be better with his OWN steak instead of trying to cook someone else's.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps if Mullen actually put in the work that successful coaches put in, he would have won more games. Alas, he is the laziest SOB I have ever seen in his position. I thought no one could be more lazy than Butters and I was proven wrong. After neglecting recruiting while giving his vacation time top priority, I wish him the worst of luck.

May his armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

You're being awfully tough on those fleas.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he'll be better with his OWN steak instead of trying to cook someone else's.
Are you suggesting Billy didn’t want to put his hands on another man’s meat? Striclin must be heartbroken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb