PURCHASED: Audi TT Quattro

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking for a beat-to-hell Porsche so I can say I have one.

Discuss.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Just wait until you need to change the belt......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Get aircooled. Old school.

Is it really a Porsche if it is not aircooled?

Last edited:

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Bit harder than that....
Pull the rear bulkhead carpet out and there's an access panel under it. Remove that panel and the belt is right there, Same to change the water pump. Speaking of which if you don't have one get a cooling system vacuum filler, Works on every vehicle out there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Get aircooled. Old school.

Is it really a Porsche if it is not aircooled?

He’d have to get a 911. No such thing as an air-cooled Boxster unless you’re referring to it with the top down.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pennsylvania? Not exactly down the street.

Nope. But there’s a Porsche dealer in the same town. You tell the seller you’re interested contingent on a dealer inspection either at their cost or you splitting it with them. If it passes, you spend $150.00 on a one-way plane ticket, and you drive the Boxster back to Florida.

No more than $300.00 out of pocket to get a nice clean car.

I’ve got alerts out to a couple sites. Not getting much feedback.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nope. But there’s a Porsche dealer in the same town. You tell the seller you’re interested contingent on a dealer inspection either at their cost or you splitting it with them. If it passes, you spend $150.00 on a one-way plane ticket, and you drive the Boxster back to Florida.

No more than $300.00 out of pocket to get a nice clean car.

I’ve got alerts out to a couple sites. Not getting much feedback.
Why the hell would I fly out there and drive it back instead of just having a company ship it here?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why the hell would I fly out there and drive it back instead of just having a company ship it here?

That’s your call. It’ll cost $800-900 to flatbed it to Port St. Lucie. That’s 11-12% of the purchase price. Was looking out for your costs plus going up there gives you the chance for a visual inspection before you commit. I’d get it inspected at a Porsche facility regardless.

Looks like a nice little car, checks all the boxes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That’s your call. It’ll cost $800-900 to flatbed it to Port St. Lucie. That’s 11-12% of the purchase price. Was looking out for your costs plus going up there gives you the chance for a visual inspection before you commit. I’d get it inspected at a Porsche facility regardless.

Looks like a nice little car, checks all the boxes.
It's over budget and thousands of miles away. Those are some very large boxes that aren't checked. But I appreciate your help anyway.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's over budget and thousands of miles away. Those are some very large boxes that aren't checked. But I appreciate your help anyway.

No worries. You’re shopping a limited market. Be prepared to have to travel a ways to get what you really want. Personally I’d pass on the risk of throwing away several thousand dollars to stay that strict within budget. What I really mean is, when these cars fail, they’re expensive to fix. Your repairs could easily be more than what you paid for the car.

You’re essentially weighing the cost to own one versus the cost to maintain one. I’d think about that as you shop.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t care if it runs, just want to be able to say I own a Porsche.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
There used to be a guy in Winter Park for many years named Nort Northam(?) and he specialized in selling and servicing used Porsche and other Euro. stuff. He also raced Porsche and seemed like a pretty good guy(he was a customer of mine when I sold shop supplies) not sure if he's still there but he had been in business for years and I never heard anyone speak badly of him....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There used to be a guy in Winter Park for many years named Nort Northam(?) and he specialized in selling and servicing used Porsche and other Euro. stuff. He also raced Porsche and seemed like a pretty good guy(he was a customer of mine when I sold shop supplies) not sure if he's still there but he had been in business for years and I never heard anyone speak badly of him....

Nort Northam Collection. He’s got some clean cars, some older cars, and a dump or two.

The best pre-owned option your way IMO is Millenia Motors in Longwood. Oliver and his dad run the place out of large metal warehouse. Lots of inventory, and all of it very clean.

I drove over there five years ago curious to see what they had. They had a ton of older 911s, including a very clean 2004 GT3 with the famed Mezger dry sump power plant. I came close to pulling the trigger. They wouldn’t play with numbers, so I walked.

Millenia Motors

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Nort Northam Collection. He’s got some clean cars, some older cars, and a dump or two.
I think he sells mostly on consignment but I haven't been there in 15 years....I used to have a major hard on for AC Cobras(replicas) and I still do if I can fit my big ass into one and he was one of the few places where you could actually see one up close....I know you're a Porsche guy, did you ever meet him or talk to him? He seems likable and the Winter Park crowd I grew up with loved the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.