Q w/an A - What does BN's offense look like?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm saying we have seen these types of promises before, that they didn't follow through with...... just cause they said the pool there, doesn't mean they are going to actually fulfill it. Just like the promised Football facility that was supposed to be done 5 years ago.... But until they show there is real change... why believe they will.
You have a severe case of battered wife syndrome.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You have a severe case of battered wife syndrome.

Coming from the dude that the batter says something nice and is saying "well he has changed".... Did they buy you flowers Ox, did they promise to change once again.... They seem to promise something new every 3/4 years....

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I did think he was better than I expected... But I also thought you were better too nuttswigger. So that's shows us what I thought in 2018.

So you are just a hypocrite that lives in deep hole of hyperbole. When I read our two comments from 2018 (as well as the others on that thread) I see a very similar inferred meaning but you are trying to make it seem miles apart. You keep crying about how you don't hate the hire and just because you raise a flag doesn't mean you hate the hire yet anyone who says anything positive is a sunshine pumper in your eyes.

I think @oxrageous pretty much nailed it, you are just severely scarred from the previous hires. We all are. But it doesn't change the fact that currently, SO FAR, what the new guy has done is in a positive direction and executed at a high standard. While we have no idea at all what the actual product on the field will look like, at this point everything is trending in the direction we all have been wanting for 10+ years. That aint pumping...its just observing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coming from the dude that the batter says something nice and is saying "well he has changed".... Did they buy you flowers Ox, did they promise to change once again.... They seem to promise something new every 3/4 years....
They have gone ON RECORD with the assistant coaching salary pool. They are hiring analysts every five minutes - have you been keeping up in the other thread? You're really suggesting they'll just pull the rug out from under Napier on this after he's already hired tons of people?

This is absurd, even for you.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So you are just a hypocrite that lives in deep hole of hyperbole. When I read our two comments from 2018 (as well as the others on that thread) I see a very similar inferred meaning but you are trying to make it seem miles apart. You keep crying about how you don't hate the hire and just because you raise a flag doesn't mean you hate the hire yet anyone who says anything positive is a sunshine pumper in your eyes.

damn you whine like a little btch... I don't hate the right, and I've also been positive about things and have talked about areas that he does have me excited like OL play. But like Ox you read what you want to read.

I think @oxrageous pretty much nailed it, you are just severely scarred from the previous hires. We all are. But it doesn't change the fact that currently, SO FAR, what the new guy has done is in a positive direction and executed at a high standard. While we have no idea at all what the actual product on the field will look like, at this point everything is trending in the direction we all have been wanting for 10+ years. That aint pumping...its just observing.

So talking about the negatives and addressing positives isn't observing... being I both liked the DB coach hire, the one OL coach hire, and said that ESD was impressive is being wasn't also being observant?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They have gone ON RECORD with the assistant coaching salary pool. They are hiring analysts every five minutes - have you been keeping up in the other thread? You're really suggesting they'll just pull the rug out from under Napier on this after he's already hired tons of people?

This is absurd, even for you.

I said I hope they changed, but as been pointed out, a lot of the rumored choices were just that... we can wait and see what they actually bring in. Butters was promised $5 Million in assistant coaches salaries in 2017 (4th Nationally) with is extension.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
damn you whine like a little btch... I don't hate the right, and I've also been positive about things and have talked about areas that he does have me excited like OL play. But like Ox you read what you want to read.
So talking about the negatives and addressing positives isn't observing... being I both liked the DB coach hire, the one OL coach hire, and said that ESD was impressive is being wasn't also being observant?

Hypocrite it is then.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When are you guys going to realize Doug is just like wobble was. He argues the most inane crap just for the sake of argument. As soon as his shift ends at the toll booth he’s out for the day.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know this is complete crazy talk, but might it be just a little bit possible to at least let BN coach a game before calling him out for every supposed miscue? I mean usually we do let our coaches screw something up before we start piling on. I guess we've become a fan base suffering from PTSD at this point, huh?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When are you guys going to realize Doug is just like wobble was. He argues the most inane crap just for the sake of argument. As soon as his shift ends at the toll booth he’s out for the day.

I do like to fuch with stupid people and one did jump on the hook this morning.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know this is complete crazy talk, but might it be just a little bit possible to at least let BN coach a game before calling him out for every supposed miscue? I mean usually we do let our coaches screw something up before we start piling on. I guess we've become a fan base suffering from PTSD at this point, huh?

Sports message boards are about arguing every little thing good and bad.... it's what make Ox a little bit of extra click which is cash.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
might it be just a little bit possible to at least let BN coach a game before calling him out for every supposed miscue

52675185.jpg

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
BN's Offense may not be Fun and Gun but it will be efficient, effective, and disciplined.

That alone wins 9-10 games.

His staff my not be Saban's...but it will be light years ahead of what we're were dealing with

If Napier had our 2020 Team...we would have been in the playoffs. Just a new DC would have got us there.

The talent is available to be considered almost every year.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I hate to be that guy, but I guess since Donkey has died, I will be.

This whole Napier offense question is nonsense. Unless you are Navy or Army, almost everyone has the same offense, to include the NFL. What separates them is the play calling.

Not many are lining up under center anymore. You can do the same stuff from the gun and do it better.

Everyone is running power, counter, inside zone, outside zone. Add in left and right and you have 8 running plays. Add in the QB power and counter, and you have 12 running plays. Like the option, OK, there is 14 running plays. Throw in a reverse, 16 plays. Not a whole lot else you can do.

There are only 9 routes a DB has to account for. LBs have the drag route, YoYo (some call it Q) route, the RB swing pass, or the RB post (stick post).

Spurrier's O was a lot under center, then went to the gun. Same routes, different combinations.

There is literally nothing that Alabama runs that Clemson, OSU, or UF doesn't run. The playcaller is what is different.

So, our offense will not change, but the play calling will. We may run from the pistol a little more, or the spread. I like the way Napier starts in the pistol, let the D get set, and then shift to the spread and run to the side where the DTs are lined up to give you the advantage.

We will run post and corner routes, ins and outs, slants and gos, fades and digs and EJs favorite, the hitch/curl. That is the 9 routes mentioned above. Drags, yoyos, and over routes are typically safety and lb routes. Not much you can run unless you put a special twist on how you run a particular route or set up a defender.

It may look different, but we will have the same plays as everyone else.

As far as what Napier calls, it will be up to the personnel and match ups on the field.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Question is can it work against teams like Bama & UGA? Most teams that beat said teams don't line up and just run the ball at them, they find creative ways to win.
I'd go back and look at the Oregon game from his days at asu. They were definitively out manned in the trenches. Oregon was obviously a more talented team . Asu wins this one because they leaned on their passing game. They threw about 40 times for 350 yds. I feel confident that if we can get the players here, we'll be competing with thise guys again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's why I like the mother ****er.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.