Question about moving back to Florida

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
That’s the world famous Sanford-Orlando INTERNATIONAL Airport (I think they count a flight to Miami as “international”). I also understand there are lots of direct flights on Allegiant to sh!tholes like Harrisburg, PA.

Alex.
I take offense at your post.
Allegiant also files to Lexington. :gator:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That’s the world famous Sanford-Orlando INTERNATIONAL Airport (I think they count a flight to Miami as “international”). I also understand there are lots of direct flights on Allegiant to sh!tholes like Harrisburg, PA.

Alex.
Getting this official designation is officially a scam to get more Federal funding for airports that shouldn't be getting it...

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is why we need a sarcastic font. @g8r.tom @B52G8rAC @Detroitgator

Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Getting this official designation is officially a scam to get more Federal funding for airports that shouldn't be getting it...

While I completely agree with you, Sanford does have a British airline that specializes in holiday packages that flies there. One of the last times I had to fly out of there, there was a massive Airbus leaving there and I was curious wth the airline was, so had looked it up.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I'd vote Tampa for most of the stuff you're looking for (great fishing/water sports, arts scene, and single women); but the airport is a slight drawback in terms of number and frequency of direct flights.

Overall, I far prefer TPA to MCO (ease of parking and getting in/out...even with TSA precheck, it's a minimum of an hour in lines, longer if you don't have it--and DO NOT underestimate how long this typically takes, they are chronically under-staffed and the lines are always ridiculously long).

No idea where you travel to the most, but Tampa has direct flights to pretty much all the major metros. NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago, LA, San Fran, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, etc. Number of flights per day/week is a bit more limited than MCO, but you'll be able to fly direct more often than you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.