Question for the Military Guys...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At Sunday School today, the preacher announced that the United Methodist Church was facing a possible split due to a difference of opinion on the LGBQT question regarding ordination. My father-in-law, who is 93, remarked to a younger member that he "didn't understand about the LGBQT thing and he was in the army!" Something in the basic indoctrination? Maybe you guys can help me understand what he meant by this :)

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well his Army wasn't my Army (Air Force really) and mine isn't today's Army.

As for ordination, or handling ordinance, I don't want any alphabets in either.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Also, it's possible he doesn't understand WHAT the LMNO thing is and one statement (about the LMNO) and the other statement (about Army basic indoctrination) has nothing to do with each other. He just speaks on and thinks/aligns w/his experiences (Army).

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also, it's possible he doesn't understand WHAT the LMNO thing is and one statement (about the LMNO) and the other statement (about Army basic indoctrination) has nothing to do with each other. He just speaks on and thinks/aligns w/his experiences (Army).
Dang small question about the understanding part. JK about the indoctrination. Most likely, since he had never been out of Gadsden County when he went to Japan post-WWII, he saw some things he couldn't believe were real! He slipped up years back and talked about seeing the "dancing women" while he was there. Before that, I don't think there was ever anything but the occasional Sears & Roebuck catalog or the livestock on the farm. Must have been akin to Dorothy landing in Oz.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dang small question about the understanding part. JK about the indoctrination. Most likely, since he had never been out of Gadsden County when he went to Japan post-WWII, he saw some things he couldn't believe were real! He slipped up years back and talked about seeing the "dancing women" while he was there. Before that, I don't think there was ever anything but the occasional Sears & Roebuck catalog or the livestock on the farm. Must have been akin to Dorothy landing in Oz.

He might be equating it to LTJG or acronyms in general?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator