Quick Question

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I got into with a UGA friend at work today and couldn't finish my point. Who were the players they had get in trouble during the bye week but Ritch let them play in our game but suspended them the following game. I remember we lost the game. I want to say one of the players was their starting Rb. He's saying that it didn't happen am I wrong in this or can someone remember the players.

lrtx1

Dec 2, 2014
I got into with a UGA friend at work today and couldn't finish my point. Who were the players they had get in trouble during the bye week but Ritch let them play in our game but suspended them the following game. I remember we lost the game. I want to say one of the players was their starting Rb. He's saying that it didn't happen am I wrong in this or can someone remember the players.

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/sports/college/2011-11-01/richt-suspends-three-uga-players#gsc.tab=0

Near the end of the article.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The honorable Rev Richt would never compromise his values to win a football game. How dare you!?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
We can't say much about that one. Chris Rainey chokeslammed his cougar girlfriend and was reinstated just in time for the UGAy game.

Richt is a great man, but a mediocre football coach.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We can't say much about that one. Chris Rainey chokeslammed his cougar girlfriend and was reinstated just in time for the UGAy game.

Richt is a great man, but a mediocre football coach.
Wasn't that the "Time to die, b*tch" suspension? And the suspension was for like 4 or 5 games?

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Wasn't that the "Time to die, b*tch" suspension? And the suspension was for like 4 or 5 games?
Yep. When he came back there were memes floating around using him saying "Time To Dive" . Daz was the offensive coordinator. :facepalm:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. When he came back there were memes floating around using him saying "Time To Dive" . Daz was the offensive coordinator. :facepalm:
I thought he just sent her the threatening text and didn't actually assault her that time. But let's be honest, when a guy has that many domestic violence incidents, I guess it doesn't matter what happened or when. :facepalm:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I thought he just sent her the threatening text and didn't actually assault her that time. But let's be honest, when a guy has that many domestic violence incidents, I guess it doesn't matter what happened or when. :facepalm:

He definitely had some growing up to do, as we've seen from more recent issues. But your original post was correct. Up to that point, he'd been pretty clean and simply sent an angry text in the heat of the moment. If I recall, one of the reasons more severe charges weren't initially filed was that they arrested him at his apartment(not anywhere near her) and he didn't seem to be in any way planning to act on his "threat". He missed the heart of our SEC schedule(ut, Uk, ala, Lsu and Msu) where we may have had a chance to win the division. More than enough for an ill advised text, imo.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
When you have several incidents like that, they all run together. Maybe he didn't physically assault the chick that time, can't remember.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Generally, and in Florida, assault is threatening someone with physical harm and battery is harming someone physically or the unwanted touching or striking of someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator