Raiders hiring ESPN Draft analyst Mike Mayock to be GM

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Where to start? I'm at either "remember Matt Millen?" or "has Gruden lost his mind completely?"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gruden will be making all the final decisions, Mayock will be nothing but a puppet, and then fired in 2 years in a purge to save Gruden's job. Gruden will have someone to blame for a while.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I also noticed 5 coaches fired in 24 hours after the last game. Wonder where they will find 5 quality replacements?

More likely they will continue to retool failed former NFL coaches for at least some of those spots.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Mayock is an excellent NFL talent evaluator. Not sure he and Gruden will mix well though.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Falcons just fired Sark (OC), Manuel (DC) and whoever the hell their ST coordinator was.
Looks like Dan Quinn is on his last leg as a HC.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I forgot there were already 3 jobs to be filled so 8 total openings. That's a lot of new head coaches!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw the Browns may be interested in the fired Adam Gase. Seriously? The guy sucks, that's why he was fired. Gotta love the NFL and it's retread policy: "He sucked for them, but he'll be great for us!"

At least the Raiders are thinking a little outside the box here. That's rare for the NFL.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Falcons just fired Sark (OC), Manuel (DC) and whoever the hell their ST coordinator was.
Looks like Dan Quinn is on his last leg as a HC.

Well, if DM is looking for a new Safeties Coach, give MM a shot.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Mike Mayock is an excellent NFL talent evaluator. Not sure he and Gruden will mix well though.

I agree with you regarding Mike Mayock. he has a good objective eye. My thought was that he must be friends with Gruden b/c Gruden has the money and the time.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
I like Mike Mayock, and wish him well. However it is one thing to predict and project mock drafts selections on the NFL shows , and then have to do it for real. Especially with the dysfunctional Raiders. But you never know, he could be another Sonny Weaver Jr. in "Draft Day". Maybe Mayock was the Raiders second choice after Costner turned them down. :)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Football scoop is reporting that the raiders will also be hiring chris berman as a hype man. Damn, the raiders are just robbing espn blind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.