Rainey on outside the lines

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
He wasn't very kind to UF, said a lot of his trouble was because he wasn't dealt with earlier. I say ********.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't see it but he needs to grow up it sounds like. He wasn't some 16 year old kid while at UF.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Go to ESPN.com - sorry I'm not good at posting links. They looked at arrests at ten schools. UF & FSU were featured on TV, the others are in the story. Interesting note, ND and MSU police departments are fighting the release of records.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Posted the link for those who care to read it.

The story interestingly disregards the fact that its possible that UF has so many arrests because the cops actually put handcuffs on athletes. How many BS arrest stories do we post about on here (ie Morrison for barking at a K-9). I bet those b!tch @ss cops up around OSU just point their athletes in the direction of their dorms and say "have a nice night."

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I thought the biggest part of the story was when Willie Meggs said FSU brass routinely obstructed investigations. Shocking, I know. :shocked:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, Rainey did say he still woulda got in trouble even if dealt with more severely earlier. Said "college, man".
Also, I truly believe that the reason UF student athletes have charges dropped twice as often as non student athletes is a direct result of having acces to Huntley Johnson. Is his decision to take their cases on pro bono a violation of NCAA rules? I don't think it is.
As far as the Semis, it was plainly said that the school, athletics dept. and campus police routinely interfere in investigations since Jimbo has taken over. Maybe if he wasn't so busy running interference, his wife wouldn't be banging her personal trainer. :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gata;n234913 said:
Posted the link for those who care to read it.

The story interestingly disregards the fact that its possible that UF has so many arrests because the cops actually put handcuffs on athletes. How many BS arrest stories do we post about on here (ie Morrison for barking at a K-9). I bet those b!tch @ss cops up around OSU just point their athletes in the direction of their dorms and say "have a nice night."

Yep some of the arrests have been a joke but they have doing that with normal students also. I am glad I didn't go to UF after I did or I probably would have been arrested for some very minor mess also with how these cops are now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I must say, the number of arrests is embarrassing. Although it's the ONLY part of his job he did admirably, you gotta give WM props for cleaning that crap up.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good espin journalism is an oxymoron. Complete waste of time as their only interest is skewing for their agenda which is sensationalism.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Call ESPN whatever you want but UF is the worst of those ten schools. My god, why didn't they pick Alabama? Disappointing.

I guess we're just like everyone else.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thk&ThnG8r;n234897 said:
He wasn't very kind to UF, said a lot of his trouble was because he wasn't dealt with earlier. I say ********.

Why accept responsibility when you can blame it on someone else?

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
come on rainey, you and the cleat chaser bought all that shi! on yourselves. "own it" none of it had nothing to do with uf. :blahblah:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If all UF did was find legal counsel for the players its not in the same category as fsu running interference and obstructing justice. They are the definition of lack of institutional control

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rainey will never grow up. He seems about the same now as he was in high school, except with more beard.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Thk&ThnG8r;n235038 said:
If all UF did was find legal counsel for the players its not in the same category as fsu running interference and obstructing justice. They are the definition of lack of institutional control

That isn't a lack of institutional control. Meggs, an FSU alum, said they try to dictate what goes on in investigations. That is way beyond a lack of institutional control.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
LagoonGator68;n234942 said:
Good espin journalism is an oxymoron. Complete waste of time as their only interest is skewing for their agenda which is sensationalism.

Facts are facts. We've come a long way.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN has turned into a BS news outlet with a massive liberal agenda that's funded by sensationalist sloppy journalism. So much is missing from this piece I don't know where to begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator