Rainey on outside the lines

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Top 1% of 1%. Go up to Columbus and have Shelley suck you off again smurfboy.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rainey is a brain dead loser!

It's an embarrassment that he was ever even recruited by the Gators.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
dubster1;n235016 said:
come on rainey, you and the cleat chaser bought all that shi! on yourselves. "own it" none of it had nothing to do with uf. :blahblah:

And I suppose it's UF's fault he got kicked off the Colts for doing stupid sh*t.
Dumbazz

And .5assU got no room to talk.
Also we beat the snot out of their clownish baseball team.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n234956 said:
why didn't they pick Alabama?

my thoughts exactly.

Because they wanted UF to be the worst. Alabama either would be the highest arrests, or highest swept under the rugs.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux;n235288 said:
my thoughts exactly.

Because they wanted UF to be the worst. Alabama either would be the highest arrests, or highest swept under the rugs.

Alabama is highest in mysteriously disappeared investigators.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The statistics are the main feature of this report. However they are very incomplete.
This report deals with reported incidents, with no gauge of incidents diffused at the moment of law enforcement contact. UF has had some thuggery, but I also think there more reported incidents in G-ville because local law enforcement gives little preferential treatment to the athletes. It could almost be said that they are even more harsh. This would also explain the amount of cases dismissed. In a town like Tuscaloosa, if the incidents go unreported, there less incidents, and there is a lower ratio of dismissals.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Thk&ThnG8r;n234912 said:
Go to ESPN.com - sorry I'm not good at posting links. They looked at arrests at ten schools. UF & FSU were featured on TV, the others are in the story. Interesting note, ND and MSU police departments are fighting the release of records.

​
T REX;n234956 said:
Call ESPN whatever you want but UF is the worst of those ten schools. My god, why didn't they pick Alabama? Disappointing.

I guess we're just like everyone else.

I'd point out that Florida has the sunshine laws, so all the bad stuff at UF and FSU gets made available. ND is a private school, so there is an additional layer of keeping things under wraps. I don't know what's up with MSU or AL. Maybe the deadline was drawing near and most of the stats were from our state?

Gatorphan;n235339 said:
The statistics are the main feature of this report. However they are very incomplete.
This report deals with reported incidents, with no gauge of incidents diffused at the moment of law enforcement contact. UF has had some thuggery, but I also think there more reported incidents in G-ville because local law enforcement gives little preferential treatment to the athletes. It could almost be said that they are even more harsh. This would also explain the amount of cases dismissed. In a town like Tuscaloosa, if the incidents go unreported, there less incidents, and there is a lower ratio of dismissals.

Bolded to re-emphasis the limited data set they worked from and how it would naturally point more heavily to UF and FSU. But your other points stand as well, in that this was a report of numbers without the context of what the arrests were for beyond the highlighted drug related ones. And, as pointed out somewhere, the comparison to a sample of similar non-athletes is misplaced (wrong ratio of race, background, etc).

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The statistics do not tell all as many have pointed out, but this type of report is still an emabarssment to the University. We should have never had so many players get into trouble and I know a lot of them go back to the Meyer years. With Meyer it really did seem from 2008 forward that the "circle" ran the team. Maybe Meyer has learned from this approach and has changed at OSU... I have no idea.

I completely understand why access to an attorney like Johnson is an advantage, and also how some of these arrests (barking at a police dog) are bogus. As somebody pointed out earlier... if the police don't charge or arrest a student they don't get on the report, so a school like FSU doesn't look as bad as they really are (which says a lot based on how bad they do look in the article)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My wife and I watched it on Sunday morning, my wife has done research professionally. We then read the article afterwards, the methodiology of their study and the results were completely tainted by the methods they used. They hand picked universities, using the terms "college towns" which they defined. They also really didn't break up the types of offenses, or what really had the evidence to support charges. It was a complete $hit job by ESPN's "researchers", though I did find that the attorney's office saying that Bobby B. at FSU allowed full investigations and that has changed under Fisher.

Dec 10, 2014
Chris Rainey was "dating" Terry Jackson's ex-girlfriend. A girl Jackson dated while Jackson was at UF. He's a mess

His sentiment about why the powers that be didn't punish him with more zeal or more force at the beginning of his transgressions is the typical criminal sentiment when they are all of a sudden faced with a minimum mandatory or large prison time when their records start to catch up to them. It's the system's fault for not being more heavy handed at the beginning ...

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n234942 said:
Good espin journalism is an oxymoron. Complete waste of time as their only interest is skewing for their agenda which is sensationalism.

Kind of like this?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n235432 said:
Chris Rainey was "dating" Terry Jackson's ex-girlfriend. A girl Jackson dated while Jackson was at UF. He's a mess

His sentiment about why the powers that be didn't punish him with more zeal or more force at the beginning of his transgressions is the typical criminal sentiment when they are all of a sudden faced with a minimum mandatory or large prison time when their records start to catch up to them. It's the system's fault for not being more heavy handed at the beginning ...

Well, well...... look who the dog dragged in... :drunk:

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
1. College athletes do get a nominal headstart in legal representation for an offense vs student body-at-large. No surprise. Athletes already have a contact person for legal that joe student does not.

2. From reading local Gainesville PD reports, the PD may be a bit overzealous than their counterparts in other towns ex Morrison dog-barking arrest, other athlete with a taco, etc. Wouldnt even get notice in Tallahassee if no arrests in multiple bb warfare.

3. In Alabama, they don't even publicly report 1st time arrests for those under 20, which half of the players are in age.

Very biased article - criteria chosen/ state laws differences/ freedom of info laws re: MSU and ND

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
ATXGator;n235381 said:
... and I know a lot of them go back to the Meyer years. With Meyer it really did seem from 2008 forward that the "circle" ran the team. Maybe Meyer has learned from this approach and has changed at OSU... I have no idea.

Personally, I hope he hasn't learned. Nothing against him, but I would love for tOSU to get ripped apart. With the last coach ran out of town for breaking rules, and some bad apples on the roster, to then follow it up with the 'circle' type organization Meyer allowed to exist before...that would be juicy, and I'd love to watch tOSU eat crap for it.

ATXGator;n235381 said:
I completely understand why access to an attorney like Johnson is an advantage, and also how some of these arrests (barking at a police dog) are bogus. As somebody pointed out earlier... if the police don't charge or arrest a student they don't get on the report, so a school like FSU doesn't look as bad as they really are (which says a lot based on how bad they do look in the article)

AMEN. This is another thing that's gone through my mind. While I carry the common feeling that UPD/GPD are over zealous in addressing our atheletes, I accept that may be a biased perspective given my affection for the team. However, I have absolutely no doubt that while FSU has recorded issues with the law, there are a massive number of unrecorded issues that are being missed in 'reports' like this.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Am I the only one that saw the humor in Rainey being on a show called "Outside the Lines"? Perhaps the only thing better would be a full blown endorsement from Crayola.

Nothing we really didn't know already. Probably several contributing factors as some have mentioned. Just looking at things like the towing incident with Joiner, the boot that they placed on Monroe's car, the Jimmy Johns incident, Cooper's citation, Carl Johnson, etc., there were plenty of nit-pick types of arrests or things blown way out of proportion. At the same time, it became way too common and there were some serious character flaws within the program. Not sure why CR felt the need to openly air things though. He threatened a girl via text and was suspended for basically half a season, including 4 losses where we desperately needed him. Not only was he one of the knuckle heads, he was--in my opinion--punished properly.

And no, I don't think any 20 year old without a prior criminal record would ever face full charges for losing his cool with a girlfriend in a text, while in his own home displaying no signs of hurting anyone. Athlete or not, it probably gets knocked down to what he got based on those circumstances.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n235733 said:
Am I the only one that saw the humor in Rainey being on a show called "Outside the Lines"? Perhaps the only thing better would be a full blown endorsement from Crayola.

Nothing we really didn't know already. Probably several contributing factors as some have mentioned. Just looking at things like the towing incident with Joiner, the boot that they placed on Monroe's car, the Jimmy Johns incident, Cooper's citation, Carl Johnson, etc., there were plenty of nit-pick types of arrests or things blown way out of proportion. At the same time, it became way too common and there were some serious character flaws within the program. Not sure why CR felt the need to openly air things though. He threatened a girl via text and was suspended for basically half a season, including 4 losses where we desperately needed him. Not only was he one of the knuckle heads, he was--in my opinion--punished properly.

And no, I don't think any 20 year old without a prior criminal record would ever face full charges for losing his cool with a girlfriend in a text, while in his own home displaying no signs of hurting anyone. Athlete or not, it probably gets knocked down to what he got based on those circumstances.

just wait Sofla, next they'll be arresting for texts that are politically incorrect.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n235664 said:
AMEN. This is another thing that's gone through my mind. While I carry the common feeling that UPD/GPD are over zealous in addressing our atheletes, I accept that may be a biased perspective given my affection for the team.
Walk that crap, he threw a sandwich or barked at a dog, into ANY prosecutor's office in the country and see how quickly you get cursed at and told to GTFO of the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb