Rainout? Rumor has it that UF vs LSU is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If anyone is interested in seeing where the center of the eye is located during the projected path check out stormpulse website it gives a clear line to show you where the center of the eye is projected to be without the big fat hurricane symbol blurring it out..

I use spaghettimodels.com as my goto - it is a ton of info gathered from multiple sources. Stay safe

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I couldn't care less about the game at this point. I'm just hoping that I will have a home to come back to when it's over. I am grateful to be staying at my girlfriend's in Tennessee. So many lives at stake, a football game between two s--tty teams is really meaningless.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell do the Corndogs do, fly into Tallacrappy and bus over?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Upgraded to a cat 4, winds of 140. This thing is going to some serious damage to a very long stretch of coastline. Even expecting hurricane force winds here in Ocala.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the question is will it hit florida twice?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell do the Corndogs do, fly into Tallacrappy and bus over?
I notice your Patton quote in your sig. Let me offer another WWII quote from Lt. Spears in Band of Brothers: "The problem with you is that you still have hope."

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Last update had it at 140 mph winds expected to reach 145 before making landfall

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The main problem in Ocala is the many many huge century old oaks full of spanish moss. I hope I dont lose any.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I would be very surprised if this game is played at all. I doubt they move the SEC championship game to accommodate us. The issue is resources in and around Gainesville. It should've been moved to BR. Sucks but why take any risk at all.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I would be very surprised if this game is played at all. I doubt they move the SEC championship game to accommodate us. The issue is resources in and around Gainesville. It should've been moved to BR. Sucks but why take any risk at all.
I'm pretty for sure it will be played...maybe Sunday or at 8 pm Saturday...but I bet it will be played.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Final decision will be made Thursday by 1 p.m. whether LSU at Florida will be played Saturday. UF said it will not be moved from Gainesville

Too much money to be lost and a logistics nightmare to move the game now. Some really messed this up.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Too much money to be lost and a logistics nightmare to move the game now. Some really messed this up.

If money is motivating anyone in this they have their f ing priorities screwed up. They should be offering refunds to everyone.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Play it Sunday at noon. Offer refunds on tickets already purchased, have anyone that wants to show up make a donation at the gate for hurricane relief to get in, first come first served general admission.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If money is motivating anyone in this they have their f ing priorities screwed up. They should be offering refunds to everyone.

Having their priorities screwed up would shock you how exactly?

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
The main problem in Ocala is the many many huge century old oaks full of spanish moss. I hope I dont lose any.

This is true. On the last big storm to hit Florida, my mother-in-law in Ocala had several oaks relocate into her house in the middle of the night. Fortunately none hit the bedrooms.

Water and laurel oaks are particularly treacherous. They deteriorate from the inside out, and become flimsy hollow structures without necessarily showing a lot of obvious clues.

Hope everyone stays safe through this, and has minimal damage. We got whacked by Hermine, and this is going to be much stronger.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
UF campus closing at 5 today. How do you have an event like a football game on a closed campus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb