Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Liberal media will tie it into Ferguson and call it unjust......

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
When a city doesn't support its team this is what happens. They have no business being at the bottom in revenue.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
I don't like seeing great sports town like St. Louis lose the team to LA an average sports town. But you have to win in St. Louis. They had too many bad seasons after winning the super bowl.

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
The message here is that, even in a room full of billionaires who have perfected the art of picking the pockets of taxpayers, the guy willing to spend his own money prevails. Stan Kroenke wanted out of St. Louis and was willing to put money on the line to make that happen.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I saw on bspn during the UF game that the chargers have also been given permission to move to la? So, the city that has trouble holding onto 1 nfl team has been given 2? I don't get it.

Btw- I have to wonder if Cleveland fans think they forced the wrong team to leave back in the afl days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I should revise my previous post... la already has a pro football team and I don't think usc is relocating anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Rams are moving back to where they should be. LA can't support two NFL teams, due to Fanbase not money. But the Rams belong in LA. This move has been in the making for almost a decade. This should have been seen from a mile away.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
LA didn't support the Raiders when they won the Superbowl... It will be interesting to see how well they support the Rams again, now that tickets will be about $500 each in the lower level....

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
**** Kroenke; dude bashed his own state. Kroenke doesn't give a flying **** about success he just cares about $$.

I hope the that mother****er chokes on a hot dog or has a massive aneurysm.

As for STL...hope they take the money they were going to put up there and put it back into the infrastructure of the city. God knows that would be a good start in getting STL a better image.

As for the Rams and LA...Go **** yourself

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
**** Kroenke; dude bashed his own state. Kroenke doesn't give a flying **** about success he just cares about $$.

As for STL...hope they take the money they were going to put up there and put it back into the infrastructure of the city. God knows that would be a good start in getting STL a better image.

You do know they were the LA Rams before they were the St Louis Rams?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
St. Louis and other cities deserve what they get. You sleep with dogs, you get fleas. The NFL is a text book example of corporate welfare. If a city wants to treat a billionaire as if he is homeless, then let them.

At least LA is not increasing their deficit to pay for the new stadium. I am in full support of any pro team that is willing to get off the welfare rolls and build their own facilities.

Hey St. Louis, what you do now is court a team from another city and drop your pants for that owner and then gripe when he leaves you an even better deal.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
You do know they were the LA Rams before they were the St Louis Rams?

Of course. I also know LA can't support a team any better than STL...STL is done as an NFL City...I just don't like Kroenke; I wish nothing but bad things for the guy.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I would not be at all surprised to see the Jags or some other dying franchise move to St Louis within 5 years... History repeating itself.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I really love your reserved nature ferg :fistbump:

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
In the world of billionaire team owners ripping off the public, Stan Kroenke is one of the good guys. St. Louis was willing to throw away over $450 million in tax money to keep the Rams in St. Louis but he wanted to move them to LA and he put his own money behind his plan.

St. Louis can either use their tax money to do something to improve conditions for residents of their community or see if they can lure another billionaire to bring a pro sports team them for a decade or two.

Giving away tax money to billionaires will never restore St. Louis to what it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator