Status
Not open for further replies.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

This is my friend, Amy. We met at AMA in Nashville. She's good, very good writer, and she's getting with the right people and going places. I hope you like it.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

This song makes me laugh. Grant Peeples is a "left neck" that's somebody with the veneer of a redneck but who's really a liberal. I disagree with him on the Bush-Gore election.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

This song makes me laugh. Grant Peeples is a "left neck" that's somebody with the veneer of a redneck but who's really a liberal. Some of this guy's stuff I don't care for, but this one is pretty good, but I disagree with him on the Bush-Gore election.

I've known Grant for years. I call him my communist friend, lol, which probably isn't far from the truth.He's smart and very talented and I respect what he's accomplished at this point in his life. Though, I certainly don't agree with him politically on most things.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On a side note - thought this might be a good place to drop this in...

notes.jpg
I can't tell, but that flat sign shouldn't be filled it.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I've known Grant for years. I call him my communist friend, lol, which probably isn't far from the truth.He's smart and very talented and I respect what he's accomplished at this point in his life. Though, I certainly don't agree with him politically on most things.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting. He seems like a good guy.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

This is my friend, Amy. We met at AMA in Nashville. She's good, very good writer, and she's getting with the right people and going places. I hope you like it.

She had me at vertical stripes :grin:

I like that a lot ... great raw honest sound.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
She had me at vertical stripes :grin:

I like that a lot ... great raw honest sound.
Brains, too. She graduated from Rice U., math major I think. Used to work as a contractor for NASA in Huntsville where she's from.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Brains, too. She graduated from Rice U., math major I think. Used to work as a contractor for NASA in Huntsville where she's from.

Yeah...I'm going to need her phone number if you happen to have that handy

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The singer in the purple shirt looks like he's a little light in the loafers. The person next to him looks like he's part skunk. I only watched about 20 seconds of the video.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Split Lip Rayfield. This is without their lead guitarist/singer of many years (Kirk Rundstrom), who passed away from cancer a couple of years ago.
They WERE a speed metal bluegrass band - this song is not anything like their first five or so albums. The guy on the left typically played mandolin and the guy on the right, banjo. The base player plays an old ford gas tank turned into an upright bass (he typically wears duct tape on his fingers as he's hitting that thing pretty hard).
I can't seem to find any of there stuff from the speed metal days.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This thread has become incredibly slow to load. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread, and we'll get a 2nd thread started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator