Random, sometimes funny, gif and post padding thread #4

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Impressive. However, call me when they can speak English, drive a car while obeying all traffic laws, wire and plumb a house to code, do their taxes and resist the urge to fling their poo when their instincts tell them otherwise.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Impressive. However, call me when they can speak English, drive a car while obeying all traffic laws, wire and plumb a house to code, do their taxes and resist the urge to fling their poo when their instincts tell them otherwise.
Regarding that last requirement. Does that mean you don't consider semi's domesticated?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmm how many people can do what you are asking?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Me. 100 percent. As Robert Heinlein said, a man should be able to build a house, kill an enemy, design a spaceship, love a woman, deliver a baby and raise a child. Specialization is for ants.
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that Robert Heinlein's list seems to go from easiest to hardest?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Hmmm how many people can do what you are asking?

I was referring to human capability to learn such activities, but I realize many can’t do it all. That chimp really is impressive, but the implication that chimps can do everything better than humans (I don’t remember the exact comment) is ridiculous.

Edit: never mind. I read it wrong.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was referring to human capability to learn such activities, but I realize many can’t do it all. That chimp really is impressive, but the implication that chimps can do everything better than humans (I don’t remember the exact comment) is ridiculous.

Edit: never mind. I read it wrong.
:) I think chimps are evolving and humans devolving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb