Randy Russell forced to retire from football

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great optics. UF looks good and Russell sounds articulate and thoughtful. He’s going to probably end up in coaching and that was basically his first press release

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Our average recruit rating just went up. Ten 4*s and three 3*s is a pretty good ratio. Add a couple of blue chip transfers and I like the way this is heading.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
That is really tough news and he handled it with class. He's a good man.
If we were going to lose a body, safety is the spot we could afford to lose one. Now the staff can hopefully get another LB, DL or OL. We need as many big guys as possible.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Hopefully in 20 years, he will say it was a blessing in disguise.

If he had played football, he wouldn't have gone to med school, met his wife, etc.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought physicals were required to even participate in high school sports. Maybe the tests run by our staff are more sophisticated and able to catch smaller anomalies, but I wonder who would've had their ass sued off if he collapsed in a game last year.

Huge difference in the physicals. High School physicals are more to check the box, where as UF does a full gambit of stuff. I think they have even included a initial CAT scan incase of concussion.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is good they found it, he earned his scholarship on the field just not on our field. I hope he takes this opportunity and makes the most of it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Thank God they discovered this in time and that his scholarship will be honored and he’ll be involved with the program. Proud of our program for the care they are showing on every level.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Feel sorry for the kid. He has worked for years to get this and it's taken away immediately as he arrives on campus.

Hopefully he points it in a different direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb