Randy Shannon post-game and MONDAY presser

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't even have the intestinal fortitude to go for TD's instead of field goals. He's a loser as a head coach and I'm not enamored with his defenses either, and who has he recruited? Does anybody know?

He’s been a mediocre recruiter. But he is tied into South Florida. I think if we just keep Seider We will be good with South Florida.

If we bring on Frost he should keep Seider. Can everyone else.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to be gone too...other than Seider i hope the new coach brings in a completely new staff...we need to shake the stink off the butter error

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He’s been a mediocre recruiter. But he is tied into South Florida. I think if we just keep Seider We will be good with South Florida.

I heard the south Florida ties but it doesn't seem to translate to recruits. I think he's still recruiting for Miami.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well, he kept saying they have to look at the film, as he got about five questions about the effort. He did say that anyone who "checked out" wouldn't play.

The Monday conference should be more interesting after he's watched the film.

So what, we'll have about 2 guys playing?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You'll hear tomorrow that it wasn't as bad as it looked and they fought hard. It's gonna be total BS and a spin job. If not, I'll gladly say so but he's not going to throw any of the kids under the bus. He's weak. That's why he was/is here.

Nor should he throw any kid under the the bus publicly. Now what he does in the film room or on the practice field this week is another matter.

You could be right that Shannon is too much a players coach and that is why he did not make a good head coach at Miami. That is different than publicly throwing kids under the bus particularly as an interim coach.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Had dinner last night with a friend from Miami. He follows college football but not close enough to know that Shannon was on our staff. When I mentioned that Shannon was our interim the first thing he said was that at Miami was that he couldn't recruit. He also said that he didn't focus on getting kids out the Miami area which pissed him off. I know he's recruiting bad for us but I didn't know he had the reputation with Miami fans.

gatorz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Reese's comments pretty well confirmed what all thought that viewed the game.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
He didn't even have the intestinal fortitude to go for TD's instead of field goals. He's a loser as a head coach and I'm not enamored with his defenses either, and who has he recruited? Does anybody know?

Half his recruits are suspended for cc fraud. But unlike Mac, his pressers don't need an interpreter for fans to understand.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he kept saying they have to look at the film, as he got about five questions about the effort. He did say that anyone who "checked out" wouldn't play.

The Monday conference should be more interesting after he's watched the film.

So is Shannon stepping down as interim head coach?
He checked out on 4th and one at the Mizzou 20.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he shouldn't have given up on the play. Freshman mistake..the guy def pushed off and he paused to look at the ref instead of playing it out. Kid's been good, tho, I bet that will stay with him.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he shouldn't have given up on the play. Freshman mistake..the guy def pushed off and he paused to look at the ref instead of playing it out. Kid's been good, tho, I bet that will stay with him.

I must have missed several games.....when exactly was CJ good?

He caught a couple of picks that were thrown right to him in September but other than that he has spent most of his time in a toaster.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I must have missed several games.....when exactly was CJ good?

He caught a couple of picks that were thrown right to him in September but other than that he has spent most of his time in a toaster.

Much of the scouting indicated he was a raw talent coming out of HS. No one should’ve expected a VHIII type of performance this year.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Despite what you may think, he's probably the best option considering our situation. I believe he was the highest ranked of those freshmen DB's.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Totally agree about Seider.

After one year, I almost hate to see Davis get canned. He seems to be doing well with recruiting some big time OLs, but this year’s production on the field is still cause for concern.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
CJ clearly is tired of playing so we should let him rest on the bench for a few weeks
He should be cut and told to transfer and any other player that is seen of film going through the motions as well. Benched and have the scholly taken, I am tired of this shyt and these players. The whole culture is BAD and it the stench of this coaching staff and their lazy, lackluster attitudes. ALL COACHES need to go......period!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.