Rank Trask’s 2020 vs. Tebow’s 2007 vs. Wuerffel’s 1996

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I watched Eric Kresser light up Northern Illinois on Homecoming Day 1995. Nobody was going to mistake the huckin’ Fuskies for Nebraska. And yet nobody was going to mistake Kresser’s supporting cast for Vanderbilt’s. We were stacked top to bottom.

The same cannot be said for Florida’s current offense. It’s Trask, a couple great receivers and a bunch of middlings.

Trask is the better quarterback. That’s not meant to take anything away from Wuerffel. He keeps what he earned. Trask earned what he keeps.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tell me what Trask has won.
The original question was which individual quarterback season was most impressive between 1996, 2007, and 2020. To answer the question, you have to look at a lot more than just wins and losses since this is a team game.

Trask was statistically better than Danny in every single category behind a weaker O-line on a lesser team with lesser coaching. It's difficult to compare strength of schedules since the eras are different. One could make a valid argument that either is tougher than the other, so I think it's fair to say that they're a wash. Regardless, to cite wins and losses and mic drop is lazy and doesn't give any QB, including Danny their due.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
See how much smoother things go when you just agree with me?

Alright, new subject: Best NFC East Super Bowl wins of the last 7 years?

I'm in a rental right now, you can burn it down.

No NFC East team has won the Super Bowl, Foles won one and then the ginger wanted him off the team.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You lose for not playing by the rules.

If the rules are unjust they shouldn't be followed.... The rules are garbage, it's too difficult to match eras especially if the change in era include the rules of the game going completely towards offense. How can you compare Trask's numbers to Wuerfell's or even Tebows. Because if you sneeze on a receiver it's a PI. If you touch a qb it's roughing the passer. If you lower the boom on a receiver going across the middle it's at least 15 yards.

The only thing that is the same is the Eagle's fanbase is still full of thugs and bastards.

Black Dahlia

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
Gotta go Tebow. He scored the most.

But then again my favorite Gator QB is Terry Dean. That dude had a Vulcan cannon for an arm and a mouth to match.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Rexy..........I was at the Maryland game. Never saw anything like it.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb