Ranking the most significant games on Florida’s 2016 schedule from 1-12

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Of the top 5 the only game we can afford to lose is the Arky game. A West, away game. I don't think we will but it probably would have the least impact. The rest though wold be tough pills to swallow.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
His predictions are somewhat contradictory. This guy hasn't been all that impressive.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would have fsu atleast at number 2. Winner or that game gets the leg up in recruiting.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The countdown to game week is just about over, the preseason preparations all but complete and the season opener less than a week away.

With Florida’s Sept. 3 game against Massachusetts kicking off a 2016 season of high expectations and considerable anticipation, let’s take a look at what’s ahead and rank the most significant games on the Gators’ schedule.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/ranking-the-most-significant-games-on-floridas-2016-schedule-1-12

Wow that has to be among the dumbest things I have ever glanced at. It is a muddle bunch of confusion of difficult and significant.

@ UTn is not that significant. UF can lose it and win the national title. Similarly, FSU is not that significant.

On the other hand, all of UF's home games are very significant as a loss at home is hard to overcome. That makes LSU very significant certainly more significant than FSU and arguably more significant than at UTn. It is only arguable because SEC East games are more important too.

So a real ranking would be something like:

1. tie UK, UMo, SoCar
4. tie @UTn, LSU, @Vandy, UGa, UMass, NTSU, PC
11. @UAR
12. FSU

If you followed UF through the good years, you know that the big game the significant game is always the one you lose. If you lose on Thursday night at MsSU, then that game is much bigger than it appeared in the preseason schedule. Similarly if you beat UTn in September and fail to win the East or fail to beat FSU then the UTn game was not that big after all.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It really depends on how things play out in reality. You never want a home loss but if we split LSU/Arkansas it really doesnt matter who the loss was to short of a division tiebreaker getting a bunch of steps deep.

Also many fans would place FSU right there with Georgia as #1 and #2 in importance despite it not having SEC implications.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One man's opinion...................
:poop:
I'd move the Mushcocks up into the top 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator