Re piping house. Anyone had it done?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@grengadgy went and deleted all of his posts in this thread for some strange reason. Either he’s on a bender or he thinks he’ll somehow be liable for his terrible advice.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I realized that I was wasting my time and effort thinking that I or anyone else could give advice to Crete.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Welp Insurance company changed their minds....house has to be repiped. IN THE NEXT 11 DAYS!!!!
Had the plumbers out today to do a walk thru an estimate. I was shocked at the price he quoted verbally although he said he would have to run it through his program for a final price. He also said they would have it done in one day!!! I guess he has 6 guys who work with him and they specialize in repipes mainly.....I still find it hard to believe they will have the whole thing done in one day but he says his motto is they don't go home until your water is back on.
Thats 6 bathrooms including one that has 4 sinks, a toilet, a shower, a whirlpool tub, the other bathrooms have one or 2 sinks, showers/baths, a bar with a sink, the main kitchen with an island sink, 6 spigots on the outside, a laundry room with a sink, 3 water heaters one of which we found out is starting to leak and will be replaced with the repipe. They also will be running 2 mains into the house(like our electrical)which will provide better flow/pressure for both sides.

This includes new cutoffs with ball valves on all of the fixtures including the spigots as well as relocating some of the spigots, new cutoffs in the laundry room and ice maker too.

My only question was when can you start? Next Tuesday....just in time for the insurance and the kitchen remodel we'll be starting when they're done.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Welp Insurance company changed their minds....house has to be repiped. IN THE NEXT 11 DAYS!!!!
Had the plumbers out today to do a walk thru an estimate. I was shocked at the price he quoted verbally although he said he would have to run it through his program for a final price. He also said they would have it done in one day!!! I guess he has 6 guys who work with him and they specialize in repipes mainly.....I still find it hard to believe they will have the whole thing done in one day but he says his motto is they don't go home until your water is back on.
Thats 6 bathrooms including one that has 4 sinks, a toilet, a shower, a whirlpool tub, the other bathrooms have one or 2 sinks, showers/baths, a bar with a sink, the main kitchen with an island sink, 6 spigots on the outside, a laundry room with a sink, 3 water heaters one of which we found out is starting to leak and will be replaced with the repipe. They also will be running 2 mains into the house(like our electrical)which will provide better flow/pressure for both sides.

This includes new cutoffs with ball valves on all of the fixtures including the spigots as well as relocating some of the spigots, new cutoffs in the laundry room and ice maker too.

My only question was when can you start? Next Tuesday....just in time for the insurance and the kitchen remodel we'll be starting when they're done.
"Dry wall repair not included..."

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
"Dry wall repair not included..."
Nope....He said it best when I ask about that...."The license on the side of my trucks says what I do"....which I like.....too bad that although the LAW says that should apply to RE too it clearly doesn't as long as you're a "Joint Venture"......********.....
Our remodelers will handle the drywall and painting.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Nope....He said it best when I ask about that...."The license on the side of my trucks says what I do"....which I like.....too bad that although the LAW says that should apply to RE too it clearly doesn't as long as you're a "Joint Venture"......********.....
Our remodelers will handle the drywall and painting.
No drywall repair?!?!?!?! Well HELL! I think you, me, and a case a beer could do it in a day!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Turn the sink in the ****ter into a wet bar with under cabinet fridge…. winning!
Already have one in the master....besides the last place I want to store or enjoy combustible liquids is in the sh!tter.....just in case someone lights a candle after wing night.
1683672898354.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb