Receiving Corps

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bailey is still having some problems with routes , I'd actually like to see Thompson and Debose split reps in the slot. But I guess we'll have to see if Debose's back is ok.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n50925 said:
Bailey is still having some problems with routes , I'd actually like to see Thompson and Debose split reps in the slot. But I guess we'll have to see if Debose's back is ok.
I completely forgot about Thompson

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n50482 said:
The same WRs that have such a hard time catching passes from Driskel seem to catch everything from Treon and Grier in practice. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe it's hard for the receivers to catch passes from Driskel since they come in hot and inaccurate more often than not. Accuracy is more important than arm strength, but the star readers only care about that comet trail on the ball..

Meh, catching a football is catching a football. Look the ball into your hands, make the catch. Some of these guys have let Driskel down big time in big situations. I'm way harder on receivers than most because that's all I ever did was catch passes, but seriously, it's all about focus. Just look the ball into your hands.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
kepler said:
receivers aren't the issue, you can run me down the field if the ball is off target nothing matters.
I recall 2-3 drops. Let's not get carried away here

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Receiving Corps… can't catch. I've said it before and I'll say it again in good years you have receivers who catch everything in the vicinity in bad years you have what we have now. Receiving cures a lot of ills. Not to mention first downs and touch downs. I just watched the first games of 2012 see below and the EMU game. Lots of catchable balls being dropped. That's what we call in the bottle washing profession not good.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Eastern Michican. Notice 5 bombs - 3 interference penalties (but one caught), a second bomb caught but recvr didn't hold on and the bomb that over led debose.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSkin;n50245 said:
Agree with benching Pittman he can't catch period, they should move him to Corner he is not a WR.

I have no clue why Pittman is on the field. Whatever the coaches see, I haven't.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
kepler said:
receivers aren't the issue, you can run me down the field if the ball is off target nothing matters.
We know you love JD NaveG8r but he had a bad game. He missed so many deep throws last night to the point where we changed the game plan. It is what it is I guess.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
granitegator said:
kepler;n50213 said:
i saw at least 4 drops
I saw at least 4 horrible decisions by JD when it came to passing too. Some of them should have been TOs, I mean he literally threw the ball at the defenders it seemed like.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There were some drops and some bad decisiosns. If we are going to blame Driskel for his bad decisions that there is plenty of blame there, we also have to be honest there were at least 4-6 passes dropped by the recievers.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Really hoping Fullwood can step up this year. Robinson is a BEAST.
Robinson is a beast is an understatement.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Something that I noticed about Driskel was that he won't put touch on some short throws. There were a couple bootlegs where he threw short to the flat or just a short route and it had zero touch. Burton may not be the best receiving TE, but give him a chance by throwing a catchable ball. No one can defend Driskel on the long bomb.

It's some WR and some Driskel. Too many drops and also too many poorly thrown balls.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Well I put it in all caps. What else can I do?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica said:
Something that I noticed about Driskel was that he won't put touch on some short throws. There were a couple bootlegs where he threw short to the flat or just a short route and it had zero touch. Burton may not be the best receiving TE, but give him a chance by throwing a catchable ball. No one can defend Driskel on the long bomb.

It's some WR and some Driskel. Too many drops and also too many poorly thrown balls.
The combination makes for a frustrating offense for sure. Some on this board want to pile all the blame on Jeff though.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n50948 said:
I have no clue why Pittman is on the field. Whatever the coaches see, I haven't.

I stated the exact same thing. He has shown me nothing that indicates he belongs in a starting role. Oddly enough, several reports from Fall camp echoed that he's just kind of there and never impresses. But all said they expected him to keep his spot nailed down. Makes no sense to me.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel doesn't help matters with the lack of touch he puts on the ball. I don't ever expect him to have the touch of Danny, but he doesn't need to fire bullets on screens and dumps to the flat. Sure, it may hit the receivers in the hands, but those types of catches are going to be low percentage. It seems to happen when he's under pressure. That said, he did make a few nice touch passes when the game was on the line.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
A little dancing man and fireworks to start.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
kepler said:
There were multiple dropped passes that hit receivers in both hands. Several were for crucial 3rd conversions that killed drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.