Recommend a bank with friendly online banking services?

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Good day, all. I guess this question is really just for those of you who reside in Florida. I reside in the Tampa area, and I'm in need of a new bank or two.

Lately, I've been using Chase, and I LOVE the convenience of its online bank transfers and online check deposits, but I also love having a local branch when I need one.

I just don't like having all my eggs in one basket. Anyone else out there really happy with their local bank that also offers convenient online banking features? I'd appreciate some recommendations.

Thanks!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I use mid-florida credit union for my secondary bank, and they have a lot of online abilities and mobile capabilities.

Black Dahlia

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
I opened a checking account with Chase when I started getting Social Security and the were great for a few months until they closed my account without warning or explanation. In fact, the local branch could not or would not tell me why, and the corporate office refused to tell me anything.

I went with Wells Fargo next and have no regrets. There inline component is user-friendly and trouble-free, and I haven't had to go into a brick-and-mortar location in at least a year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I opened a checking account with Chase when I started getting Social Security and the were great for a few months until they closed my account without warning or explanation. In fact, the local branch could not or would not tell me why, and the corporate office refused to tell me anything.

I went with Wells Fargo next and have no regrets. There inline component is user-friendly and trouble-free, and I haven't had to go into a brick-and-mortar location in at least a year.
Love their mobile app. Takes care of 99% of my needs.

Black Dahlia

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
Love their mobile app. Takes care of 99% of my needs.

I don't use the mobile app much, or any other phone apps for that matter, because I've been pretty much stuck in my home for the last year+. But I was delighted when someone gave me a check for Christmas and showed me how I could deposit it right then and there using the phone's camera. Not only did it work flawlessly, but the funds were in my account within a minute (and also debited from the payer's account), confirming my long-held belief that banks don't really require any delay to process deposits and make your funds available, they just want to keep your money from you from as long as possible.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of people like Suncoast CU, and it runs from SW FL up Chiefland FL

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I really like Fairwinds CU here locally and they bought out some smaller CU's and banks statewide a year or so back. Just not sure how many locations they have in Tampa area. Great customer service.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Hi Layla,

Please forgive me ~ I couldn't resist

My relatives in Tampa use Suncoast Credit Union.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's 2021 - if ANY bank you are considering does not do 'online banking' you probably shouldn't be banking there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.