Remember Anthony Harrell?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I remembered he was a grad transfer from Ga Tech at linebacker, but we never played him on defense when we sorely lacked linebackers. He had the size (6'3, 220plus), and he played well in the senior bowl. I'm just curious why we didn't give him a shot. I mean if you're going to get a guy at least give him a shot right?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I asked the same question during the year and the answer was that he wasn't good enough to see the field.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't play in the Senior Bowl, wasn't a high enough prospect. He had stats in three games ECU, Missouri, and FSU.

He wasn't eligible to play in the Bowl game due to grades. And had a strong showing in the East West Shrine game, which means he wasn't good enough not to show up at any of the "all-star" games, but not good enough for the Senior Bowl.

I can't see anyone drafted him... was he even drafted or picked up as a UDFA?

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He simply wasn't better than the guys ahead of him. Nothing more, nothing less.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
He didn't play in the Senior Bowl, wasn't a high enough prospect. He had stats in three games ECU, Missouri, and FSU.

He wasn't eligible to play in the Bowl game due to grades. And had a strong showing in the East West Shrine game, which means he wasn't good enough not to show up at any of the "all-star" games, but not good enough for the Senior Bowl.

I can't see anyone drafted him... was he even drafted or pricked up as a UDA?
you're right. I thought it was one of those two games.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he got playing time in ST. Kickoff coverage maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator