Remember when...

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Remember when the 2004 Basketball recruits came in and kicked the sh!t out of the older players? Those guys were hungry, and wanted to win. They took over that team, and established a new era of championship play that made history. That is exactly what I hope happens with this new coach, and his new recruits. Our football program needs an enema. This team isn't hungry. They're full of pb&j sammiches. They're a bunch of soft, undisciplined pu$$ies, with no desire to dig deep and fight when they're down. I hope our new coach (God, please let it be Frost) looks our recruits in the eye and straight up tells them that he wants them to report to school with a mission to kick Mac's player's asses on the practice field. I hope he tells them that he wants them to prove that they are tougher, stronger, hungrier, and flat-out better football players.

Then I hope the new coach tells these current players that they are not his, and that they are lucky to already be on the team. I hope he tells them that he is not impressed with what he has seen from them, and will refuse to let mediocrity and failure have a home on this team going forward. And then I hope he proceeds to put them through their worst nightmares on the practice field. I want every last remnant of Jim McElwain to be washed off of this program with the blood, sweat, and tears of players who want to win.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when the 2004 Basketball recruits came in and kicked the sh!t out of the older players? Those guys were hungry, and wanted to win. They took over that team, and established a new era of championship play that made history. That is exactly what I hope happens with this new coach, and his new recruits. Our football program needs an enema. This team isn't hungry. They're full of pb&j sammiches. They're a bunch of soft, undisciplined pu$$ies, with no desire to dig deep and fight when they're down. I hope our new coach (God, please let it be Frost) looks our recruits in the eye and straight up tells them that he wants them to report to school with a mission to kick Mac's player's asses on the practice field. I hope he tells them that he wants them to prove that they are tougher, stronger, hungrier, and flat-out better football players.

Then I hope the new coach tells these current players that they are not his, and that they are lucky to already be on the team. I hope he tells them that he is not impressed with what he has seen from them, and will refuse to let mediocrity and failure have a home on this team going forward. And then I hope he proceeds to put them through their worst nightmares on the practice field. I want every last remnant of Jim McElwain to be washed off of this program with the blood, sweat, and tears of players who want to win.

Sometimes I really like you.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think physical beatings should come next. Don't give it your all, you get the genital cuff.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
When you join a team that had 2 notorious ball hogs in Peep (oh I forgot, Pete, LOL. Who was that guy who always called him that over you know where?) and Walsh, it was probably a little easier to speak up, otherwise you would never touch the ball with those 2 black holes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This can be Frost when a player is slacking off.

cuff.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our third post-championship do-over. There'll be plenty of weeding out. It's always that way with a new coach, esp a dynamic one. Let's hope we don't get another namby pamby one.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My mantra would be to, after each session, weight room to film to practice, tell them that Georgia got a little better today and ask if they worked a little harder than the Dawgs? When they could tell me no and wanted to do some more work post-session without being told, I'd know we were heading in the right direction. Instead, I think we've been going swimming or to Starbucks.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Other than telling them that they are not his and the specific idea of just replacing Mac's players is also not acceptable to me. The rest is very true, everyone has a new start and only those that earn their position and are great are going to play. It is not acceptable to just have an experience, winning is the experience that is desired.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
My mantra would be to, after each session, weight room to film to practice, tell them that Georgia got a little better today and ask if they worked a little harder than the Dawgs? When they could tell me no and wanted to do some more work post-session without being told, I'd know we were heading in the right direction. Instead, I think we've been going swimming or to Starbucks.

I always wonder what the players do in the off season. If I was a QB we would be having non-contact practices several times a week, in addition to tough conditioning sessions outside the official ones as well. Perhaps play some bball, or work with some other athletes to get better.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Other than telling them that they are not his and the specific idea of just replacing Mac's players is also not acceptable to me. The rest is very true, everyone has a new start and only those that earn their position and are great are going to play. It is not acceptable to just have an experience, winning is the experience that is desired.

I want our players to feel that their very existence as a Gator is up in the air (at least, initially). I want them to know that what they have contributed up to this point is not enough. And I want them to dig deep to prove that they deserve to wear the orange and blue. If they have a competitive heart, and truly want to be a Gator, they'll nut up and fight like hell to prove themselves.

If that is too much for them to handle... they need to hit the bricks. They've been coddled, and it is time for that sh!t to end.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember reading that when Urban arrived he worked all the players until they puked in buckets that were scattered around the room.. Those who weren't committed were encouraged to quit and leave. We need that again.

Frost seems like just the sort that would enjoy that. He'd probably do the workouts with them.

there is a video somewhere of him grappling LaGarrette Blount after one of his insanity bouts. If Frost can handle Blount he can surely handle these delicate flowers being left behind by Butters.

Of course, it doesn't have to be the head coach that provides the discipline. The rumors are that Doc Holliday was the main disciplinarian for urban and that we struggled once we lost him. Let's hope that whoever gets hired brings a Doc Holliday with him.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
there is a video somewhere of him grappling LaGarrette Blount after one of his insanity bouts. If Frost can handle Blount he can surely handle these delicate flowers being left behind by Butters.
Is this him holding back Blount at :34?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator