Replacing Grantham

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
giphy.gif

Why? You think vatech comes calling for todd if this move happens? I kinda doubt it but I guess its a possibility.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think that we can officially put the "Joe Lee Dunn Jr. as a head coaching candidate anywhere" rumors permanently to rest. It has gone beyond:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:. It is patently clear that no University A D, University Prez or University Athletic Admin has any interest in Joe Lee Dunn Jr. as a head coach. He is a no touch. Zero interest. No one wants him. His job status anywhere is based solely on the wants and desires of another head coach. No Admin official is going to hire his phat azz!!!!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just remember for most of the UGA game they played very disciplined and tackled very well. I think they finally tired out sometime in the 2nd due to their offense not chewing up very much clock..

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think the bigger issues with guys like Lea is we have no shot at him. It’s pure dreaming. You think UF is going to outbid anyone, much less ND? Come on...

Not a Granthem sympathizer but the concern isn’t finding a Lea, its finding the next Lea - an up and comer we can reasonably get who will become elite.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Certainly not much of a history as a DC. I think he took over for Elko (no idea what his rep is). He has a history with LB's, which would be great for replacing Grantham. Looks to have PAC-10 as his P5 experience. No real SE ties that I can see, but I'm not sure what kind of recruiting relationships a DC would "need" to have. Possibly act as a closer and build those relationships with coaches over time?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the bigger issues with guys like Lea is we have no shot at him. It’s pure dreaming. You think UF is going to outbid anyone, much less ND? Come on...

Not a Granthem sympathizer but the concern isn’t finding a Lea, its finding the next Lea - an up and comer we can reasonably get who will become elite.
I really think a realistic route would be to promote Gray, possibly just as a Co-DC, but I have no idea what his skill set looks like calling plays.

I was also going to ask about Zach Arnett, but it looks like Syracuse just hired him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really think a realistic route would be to promote Gray, possibly just as a Co-DC, but I have no idea what his skill set looks like calling plays.

I was also going to ask about Zach Arnett, but it looks like Syracuse just hired him.

That’s what I think they should do as well. And then bring in a monster recruiting coordinator.

Problem is – who coaches defensive backs? His first order of business would be to have to fire the safeties coach.

The first person that I would look at as a DB coach would be Keiwan Ratliff.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That’s what I think they should do as well. And then bring in a monster recruiting coordinator.

Problem is – who coaches defensive backs? His first order of business would be to have to fire the safeties coach.

The first person that I would look at as a DB coach would be Keiwan Ratliff.
Muschamp coached Safeties while being the HC. I really think Grantham is doing much of the LB work or Robinson would have already been given raises, even we aren't that cheap. So Gray could probably handle it with a Ratliff. Then bring in Hardmon for LB's and drop English. I know Hardmon coaches DL, but he was a pretty prolific LB for us, I'd think he could coach the position.

Honestly, that would be pretty stable for a D Staff. Gray wants to stay in FL, add two alumni, which leaves Turner as the only one not emotionally tied to UF.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
They’re a private university so no telling. That said, they’re one of the few schools that could match UF money. They have their own TV contract and one of the largest fanbases.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I think that we can officially put the "Joe Lee Dunn Jr. as a head coaching candidate anywhere" rumors permanently to rest. It has gone beyond:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:. It is patently clear that no University A D, University Prez or University Athletic Admin has any interest in Joe Lee Dunn Jr. as a head coach. He is a no touch. Zero interest. No one wants him. His job status anywhere is based solely on the wants and desires of another head coach. No Admin official is going to hire his phat azz!!!!
Don't give up! Hope is a theological certitude.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017

Why do we keep saying that when Grantham still is one of the highest paid DCs in college football?

Exactly. 1.8 mil is no Chump change for a DC. Not sure why we keep claiming UF will not outbid people. They should easily get an elite DC with that amount of money.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Please name the last coordinator UF “outbid” someone for. History is the best indicator of the future so this should be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb