Replacing Grantham

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be sorry to see Grantham go, but English and Knox are a larger priority to replace imo. Pushing out Seider to bring on Knox may be the worst decision of Mullen's career. Hiring English is a close second.

It would be great if he replaced all three, but like others have said, I don't think Grantham is going anywhere. Actually, I don't think Mullen replaces any coaches unless they leave voluntarily or he gets pressure from Strickland.

Hamgator

Nov 16, 2017
Long time - First time: 1990 UF grad. Gator since birth. Live in the North ATL suburbs so get a lot of UGAly intel from a variety sources.

I firmly believe that with the exception of recruiting, our coaching staff is superior to the staff in Athens, top to bottom.

BUT, if we don’t start recruiting talent akin to what Kirby gets to come to Athens, we will stay stuck in this rut. We were not out coached, we were best by better talent and depth, especially in the trenches.

We have got to get more 4 and 5 stars on both sides of the line of scrimmage and especially along the O and D line. Our next man up philosophy won’t cut it because next man up ain’t got the talent.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be sorry to see Grantham go, but English and Knox are a larger priority to replace imo. Pushing out Seider to bring on Knox may be the worst decision of Mullen's career. Hiring English is a close second.

It would be great if he replaced all three, but like others have said, I don't think Grantham is going anywhere. Actually, I don't think Mullen replaces any coaches unless they leave voluntarily or he gets pressure from Strickland.

Ron and Greg have no business at UF. I’m mad as hell the sorry sacks of excrement are somehow still here . Neither of these sons of bitches can coach worth a **** , and they are somehow even worse on the trail . Coach gray is the only defensive assistant worth a ****. Bringing in Greg Knox over Seider is like trying to keep a smile on your face when you cut into a filet and see well done . **** that

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Long time - First time: 1990 UF grad. Gator since birth. Live in the North ATL suburbs so get a lot of UGAly intel from a variety sources.

I firmly believe that with the exception of recruiting, our coaching staff is superior to the staff in Athens, top to bottom.

BUT, if we don’t start recruiting talent akin to what Kirby gets to come to Athens, we will stay stuck in this rut. We were not out coached, we were best by better talent and depth, especially in the trenches.

We have got to get more 4 and 5 stars on both sides of the line of scrimmage and especially along the O and D line. Our next man up philosophy won’t cut it because next man up ain’t got the talent.
Welcome!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grantham will be gone after this season. Heck he almost left before this year. Do you think we could get DJ Durkin to come home? Who else if not DJ?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Welcome, pull up a chair. Some good points, but to say we were not outcoached today means you must have been wearing blinders. Yes the talent gap is evident, but the coaching was genuinely awful, even by Cousin Eddie's standards.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Since this is the Joe Lee Dunn Jr, thread, I just saw the replay of the last UGA TD. What the fukk was Davis doing? I have no idea if that was his responsibility, but watch him the entire play and he looks like a lost soul in a foreign land.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I agree. This was a totally unwinnable. Personally I don't think it's fair that uga isn't playing on Sunday.

And I agree with on the our staff too. It's so weird. It's not like they fired our defensive coordinator a few years ago.

This one's on the players 100%. They're accumulated team recruiting ranking should be .2 higher and wed really have a shot.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Since this is the Joe Lee Dunn Jr, thread, I just saw the replay of the last UGA TD. What the fukk was Davis doing? I have no idea if that was his responsibility, but watch him the entire play and he looks like a lost soul in a foreign land.
I can’t remember an example of a player looking more lost. He was legitimately spinning in circles trying to figure out what to do. I don’t think chasing the WR with Henderson on him who was 10+ yards away was the right decision, though. Maybe follow the wide open guy on a crossing route next time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I used to run through the park like that at times.

Generally intoxicated.

Yes, it is brutal to watch after an off week in the second year. He has no clue and is just running aimlessly. Plays like that show that uga is demanding the best from their players and we’re simply not. Change that and we’re fine. This isn’t McWilliams not being able to hang. This is just lunacy and missed assignments, assuming there ever was a clearly defined one.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015

That play was a signature for this game. Looked the same as the final gift TD Grantham handed to LSU. The team looked confused, not knowing assignments, pisspoor communication from the sidelines, sheepish during a play waiting for the UGA runner to come to them instead of flying to the ball, etc etc etc. Play after play. This is the result of lousy preparation and especially lousy coaching. We had 2 weeks to prepare for this season-making game and roll out this sh@tshow. Thanks coaches.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
I'm sure ron and todd coached him up to do that. Just like they taught him to go for another 1 handed INT

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
I can’t remember an example of a player looking more lost. He was legitimately spinning in circles trying to figure out what to do. I don’t think chasing the WR with Henderson on him who was 10+ yards away was the right decision, though. Maybe follow the wide open guy on a crossing route next time.
I wonder if this is why he isnt always on the field?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dan Quinn runs the worst defense in pro football. No thanks , Choosing between Quinn and Fat Todd is like taking a choice between chugging vinegar or urine .

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Derek Mason will definitely be on the market. Possibly Drob too. 2 slam dunks if we happened to be in the market for a DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator