Replacing Grantham

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They don’t. They won that game because Georgia turned over the ball four times and they didn’t.
So why didn’t we force any turnovers yesterday?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s clear at this point that JCTow does not approve of any of our recommended options for the failed coaches on our staff. I suggested running over with a garbage truck, Slevin went more traditional with a shotgun. Neither were acceptable to him.

So then, I’d love to hear, JCTow, how exactly do you propose they be executed?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So the suggestions so far are:

Mason
Quinn
Strong
DRob

I'll throw another name out there as a wild card. Nick Howell at UVA.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Mason
Quinn
Strong
DRob

okay so let's pretend I don't believe that Grantham will be here forever because Mullins loves him and thinks he's the best DC in the country.

Which of those guys are REALLY cheap?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Mason
Quinn
Strong
DRob

GWG, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your suggestion. I personally am not throwing out any names until specific positions become open which I hope is all of them. With that said and even tho your suggestion is fine, you have been around here long enough to know what credentials any candidate for any job on the staff must have:

1. Coached here before
2. Played here
3. Breathed the air in the general vicinity
4. Taken a shyt in the city limits.
5. Walked on the grass on campus and/or picked his nose there.

The fact that he may be identified as a great coach or be deemed to be a genius in waiting is irrelevant to this fan base if he does not check one of the above criteria.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look again. It was Taylor who had him in man and took the same guy Wilson took instead.

Im not real sure what 51 was doing either but 31 clearly was staring at that same receiver the whole play until he bailed.

My best guess is high low knowing that 51 cant cover downfield or perhaps 51 should have taken the #3 guy on that side once the #2 receiver on that aide went in motion.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I can't say who was at fault be in real time I saw Davis and I think a LB both run towards the left flat to cover the RB who was the check down/safety valve. It looked like Davis said Oh FKKK, my bad and turned in circles and chased the first thing he saw which was some other receiver who was already covered.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't say who was at fault be in real time I saw Davis and I think a LB both run towards the left flat to cover the RB who was the check down/safety valve. It looked like Davis said Oh FKKK, my bad and turned in circles and chased the first thing he saw which was some other receiver who was already covered.
I mean you realize the problem is the other guy ran free all the way across the field right?

in man coverage like that you typically don't swap coverage in the middle of the play. it just so happened that the receiver 31 was covering didn't go down field and 51 stayed on him.

Understand that generally in man the cornerbacks of course take the outside guys, the safeties take the number two guys a(next one inside) the linebacker takes the number 3. So maybe they were reading screen and 51 was supposed to be on the running back but took that receiver instead, or getting confused because there was an extra receiver on that side that motioned to the right, which was Cager.

I agree with you that 31 should have responded better but the safety on the other side is the one who double-teamed that receiver and let his guy (Cager) run free.

I thought the same thing as you glancing at it in real-time, that I thought one of middlelinebackers screwed up and that Davis missed his half of man 2, and said so butinnthe box. But watching it again it's pretty clear to me he was in man zero and the other safety had Cager. I think there were at least two screw-ups.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I mean you realize the problem is the other guy ran free all the way across the field right?

in man coverage like that you typically don't swap coverage in the middle of the play. it just so happened that the receiver 31 was covering didn't go down field and 51 stayed on him.

Yes I saw that. So if we were in man there would be no pass off and it would be that CB's responsibilty. Perhaps we were in man under with 2 deep safetys? Maybe we were in zone and Davis saw no one immediately in his area so he got nosy into the flat and then said oh Shyt. I am not sure. I did not lay blame anywhere per se but I do know it was a complete fkkup and I am sick of complete fkkups every single game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone else curious how ****ing Bama heals Tua's high ankle sprain in 2 weeks with a magical (apparently only available to Bama players) surgery yet our 2 biggest defensive weapons are limping around for an entire month with no healing in sight?

a month? Zuniga has been out for every game except the first two.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It’s clear at this point that JCTow does not approve of any of our recommended options for the failed coaches on our staff. I suggested running over with a garbage truck, Slevin went more traditional with a shotgun. Neither were acceptable to him.

I’m ok with him never posting to be honest

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Long time - First time: 1990 UF grad. Gator since birth. Live in the North ATL suburbs so get a lot of UGAly intel from a variety sources.

I firmly believe that with the exception of recruiting, our coaching staff is superior to the staff in Athens, top to bottom.

BUT, if we don’t start recruiting talent akin to what Kirby gets to come to Athens, we will stay stuck in this rut. We were not out coached, we were best by better talent and depth, especially in the trenches.

We have got to get more 4 and 5 stars on both sides of the line of scrimmage and especially along the O and D line. Our next man up philosophy won’t cut it because next man up ain’t got the talent.
Even I, in my utmost pumperism, know this staff is nowhere near that of Georgia’s.

Couldn’t even outcoach James frickin Coley. It’s embarrassing.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
I’m so frvking sick of this bend but don’t break, Side hat bullsciht.

Fromm was 20/30. Georgia was 12/18 on 3rd Down.

Read somewhere that the last time Georgia had 12 3rd down conversions on a ranked team was 2012 against Louisville. Guess who the Louisville DC was.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Read somewhere that the last time Georgia had 12 3rd down conversions on a ranked team was 2012 against Louisville. Guess who the Louisville DC was.
There is definitely something to be said for "knowing your opponents".

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017

Electric chair... shotgun too quick, Same with garbage truck.

Dekle

Nov 27, 2017
It's beyond obvious Big Head Todd, the fat slob, needs to be shown I-75 North.

So, who to replace him with? As our fearless leader says, discuss.

I vote Derrick Mason when Vanderbilt cans him. He was DC at Stanford before the Vanderbilt gig for those of you who forgot.
Man, I think Derrick Mason would be awesome! Next, Charlie Strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.