RIP "Black Panther" and Jackie Robinson ("42") star, Chadwick Boseman

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
The guy who played Marvel superhero Black Panther, and who also starred as Jackie Robinson in "42" and James Brown in Get On Up, had an untimely death today at just 43 years old, from colon cancer. It really did a number on him. Look at the difference.

80d4e525d902469caccdca62e9474ae3_md.jpg

I really enjoyed all three of those movies and all three roles were very different, he was a good actor. He did others as well but those were the only ones I saw. What a tragedy for a guy who had everything going for him. Fuchs cancer. Rest in peace, King T’Challa.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Terrible story. Seemed like a great actor just beginning his career.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’s Hollywood, right? Fuchs Hollywood.

That aside, probably a good person taken too soon. Haven’t seen any of those movies but Fuchs cancer.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was a phenomenal actor who was taken way too soon. Still shocked that he passed, and even more surprised that he battled cancer for 4 years. Prayers for his family and close friends.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
It’s amazing the roles he was filming throughout all of his treatments. Even more amazing that he kept it quiet and continued to do so much amazing charity work with terminal children the entire time.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It’s amazing the roles he was filming throughout all of his treatments. Even more amazing that he kept it quiet and continued to do so much amazing charity work with terminal children the entire time.
That's a good indication he was not your typical hollywood type. Thinking of others while facing his own terminal illness, wow. He was great in Black Panther and Avengers. 42 is still on my list.

RIP, young man!

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
That's a good indication he was not your typical hollywood type. Thinking of others while facing his own terminal illness, wow. He was great in Black Panther and Avengers. 42 is still on my list.

RIP, young man!

I’m sure they all have their “issues” being in Hollywood, but you do have to tip your cap to the a lot of the ones in the Avengers movies for what they do. Chris Evans, Chris Pratt and RDJ all do or did a lot as well. I think Chris Evans used to randomly show up at hospitals as Captain America. Same with Johnny Depp visiting places as Jack Sparrow with no fanfare. You can disagree on politics or decide if their personal problems are horrible, but when you do things like that for kids at their worst moments and no cameras around them your pretty good as a person in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.