RIP Bob Saget

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Just saw he passed in a hotel room. Full House and AFV was must watch in my house when younger. Was a fan of his comedy as well and his stint on How I Met Your Mother.

Between this and Sidney Pointier yesterday 2022 is off to a great start

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So sad. Said he had just performed in Jax last night and preparing for a show in Orlando. 65 is still too young.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

dang Brad - that’s colder than Bob

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Bob Saget's cause of death revealed as brain bleed after comic suffered head trauma after he struck his head
  • Saget, 65, hit the back of his head on an object leading to the injury
  • The Full House star struck his head January 9 after he checked into the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Orlando, officials said
  • Saget had a bruise on the back of his head in the wake of his passing
  • It was not clear what Saget's head made contact with to trigger the deadly injury
  • Saget had no drugs or alcohol in his body at his time of death, authorities said
  • Saget was not aware of the extent of his injury prior to going to sleep

Bob Saget's cause of death was brain bleed after comic suffered head trauma after he struck his head | Daily Mail Online

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Bob Saget's cause of death revealed as brain bleed after comic suffered head trauma after he struck his head
  • Saget, 65, hit the back of his head on an object leading to the injury
  • The Full House star struck his head January 9 after he checked into the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Orlando, officials said
  • Saget had a bruise on the back of his head in the wake of his passing
  • It was not clear what Saget's head made contact with to trigger the deadly injury
  • Saget had no drugs or alcohol in his body at his time of death, authorities said
  • Saget was not aware of the extent of his injury prior to going to sleep

Bob Saget's cause of death was brain bleed after comic suffered head trauma after he struck his head | Daily Mail Online
So, did they rule out someone hitting him in the back of his head?

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This sounds highly dubious to me. I’m not going down some conspiracy theory hole, but is it possible to hit your head bad enough to potentially cause death, yet you decide to just lay down and not contact someone?
I’m not saying it’s impossible. It’s possible I suppose to cause some sort of disorientation. Is there anyone here in the medical profession that can chime in? Can you hit your head hard enough to be fatal, but not enough to cause alarm?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This sounds highly dubious to me. I’m not going down some conspiracy theory hole, but is it possible to hit your head bad enough to potentially cause death, yet you decide to just lay down and not contact someone?
I’m not saying it’s impossible. It’s possible I suppose to cause some sort of disorientation. Is there anyone here in the medical profession that can chime in? Can you hit your head hard enough to be fatal, but not enough to cause alarm?
I’ve heard this several times over the years. Generally it happens to older people. Happened to my aunt. Fell. Didn’t think anything of it.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
I’ve heard this several times over the years. Generally it happens to older people. Happened to my aunt. Fell. Didn’t think anything of it.

Especially if they are on some sort of blood thinner. Will be interesting to see if that was the case..

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Liam Neeson's then not old, and otherwise healthy, dead wife says, "Yes."

Red Cross First Aid 101: never let someone with a possible concussion go to sleep. At least have someone that knows what the fuk they are doing observe them if they do.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Red Cross First Aid 101: never let someone with a possible concussion go to sleep. At least have someone that knows what the fuk they are doing observe them if they do.
Thanks. Then this story is truly tragic. So avoidable and very sad.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

If I remember correctly, she felt OK initially after some treatment for the accident - she was skiiing - and over the next couple of days her condition worsened before she passed.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If I remember correctly, she felt OK initially after some treatment for the accident - she was skiiing - and over the next couple of days her condition worsened before she passed.

My friend’s elderly mother had something similar happen back in late March of 2020 (early covid days). She fell and hit her head and had a slow brain bleed but she was not a candidate for surgery because of her heart. They essentially said nothing could be done however the hospital was shut down to all visitors. After a few days they called him and said you can come say goodbye to your mother for one hour. He drove 8 hours to Detroit to see her for one and kiss her goodbye. Then drove another 8 hours back home.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My friend’s elderly mother had something similar happen back in late March of 2020 (early covid days). She fell and hit her head and had a slow brain bleed but she was not a candidate for surgery because of her heart. They essentially said nothing could be done however the hospital was shut down to all visitors. After a few days they called him and said you can come say goodbye to your mother for one hour. He drove 8 hours to Detroit to see her for one and kiss her goodbye. Then drove another 8 hours back home.
Sad story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator