RIP Jerry Sloan

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by FireFoley, May 22, 2020.

1. FireFoley

FireFoley Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,288
    Ratings:
    +4,631 / -304
    One of the greatest NBA coaches. yes I know no rings, but some impressive numbers Even when Stockton/Malone departed his teams were well coached and very competitive. He along with Pop seem to be able to find ways to use guys who would not have made some team's rosters. Always enjoyed the way his teams played.

• Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $6,264
      Ratings:
      +10,831 / -49
      As a player led the University of Evansville Purple Aces to back to back NCAA Division II national titles. Played guard for a decade with the Chicago Bulls and his number 4 was the first number retired by that franchise. The Original Bull. Great career as both a player and a coach.

• Homer J

Homer J Senior Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $1,008
        Ratings:
        +1,412 / -101
        another sign I'm getting older

• Windy City Gator

Windy City Gator Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,052
          Ratings:
          +1,140 / -247
          I got to meet him, the Mailman and Frank Layden...Sloan was in his first year as the Jazz head coach, and layden was a riot. The Mailman was having his jersey retired at La. Tech...super nice guy and freakin taller than I expected.