RIP Lisa Marie

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Very sad to lose someone so young. And not meaning to disparage her but...other than be Elvis' daughter, what has she ever accomplished in her life as a celebrity?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very sad to lose someone so young. And not meaning to disparage her but...other than be Elvis' daughter, what has she ever accomplished in her life as a celebrity?

She had managed to squander massive amounts of money left to her by her father.
That’s pretty much it

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I'm not a big Elvis fan (unlike Nalt's son) but we watched the Elvis movie on Hulu last weekend. It was very well done and worth the watch. It seems like Lisa Marie lived her life a lot like Elvis lived his. Drugs, sex and squandering lots of money. Why does Priscilla seem normal and grounded? Maybe I'm wrong but she stays behind the scenes for the most part.

LM spent the last 5 years feuding with her ex over custody of the 14 year old twins. He wanted $40,000 a month from her on child support. That battle ended in October and now he has full custody. What a way to live life.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I'm not a big Elvis fan (unlike Nalt's son) but we watched the Elvis movie on Hulu last weekend. It was very well done and worth the watch. It seems like Lisa Marie lived her life a lot like Elvis lived his. Drugs, sex and squandering lots of money. Why does Priscilla seem normal and grounded? Maybe I'm wrong but she stays behind the scenes for the most part.

LM spent the last 5 years feuding with her ex over custody of the 14 year old twins. He wanted $40,000 a month from her on child support. That battle ended in October and now he has full custody. What a way to live life.

I really enjoyed that movie...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
How timely too! It will shoot straight up to number 1 at the box office. PR stunt for royalties? :dunno:

Oh wait, too soon?

lol...maybe.
that kid really nailed the Elvis persona... I found out he did a lot of the singing, especially in the earlier part of the movie.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
lol...maybe.
that kid really nailed the Elvis persona... I found out he did a lot of the singing, especially in the earlier part of the movie.
He was really good. I found myself questioning whether it was old footage or really him. Lisa Marie was at the awards ceremony the other night so it really is a nice ending for her. However it was predicable.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
He was really good. I found myself questioning whether it was old footage or really him. Lisa Marie was at the awards ceremony the other night so it really is a nice ending for her. However it was predicable.

same here... those moves he was doing when he did the Vegas residency made me think: "Is this the kid or is it Elvis?".
I loved how they blended in the real Elvis right there at the end at the piano.
got a little dusty in the room when that happened.

you and Seedy ever been to Graceland?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
same here... those moves he was doing when he did the Vegas residency made me think: "Is this the kid or is it Elvis?".
I loved how they blended in the real Elvis right there at the end at the piano.
got a little dusty in the room when that happened.

you and Seedy ever been to Graceland?
No we haven’t. You?
Like I said, not really an Elvis fan. He was very talented and unique for his time. There aren’t many, if any, movie stars or singers that I would be gaga over and want to tour their homes. Nobody comes to mind off hand.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
No we haven’t. You?
Like I said, not really an Elvis fan. He was very talented and unique for his time. There aren’t many, if any, movie stars or singers that I would be gaga over and want to tour their homes. Nobody comes to mind off hand.

yep... visited Memphis and went to the National Civil Rights museum, which was incredible as well.
they still had the two hotel rooms that MLK and his crew stayed in...left just the way they were in '68. they even had their original cars in the parking lot below the balcony when you step out to see where he got shot.

and..
the Graceland tour was awesome. even for a non Elvis fan, very interesting to say the least.
his two airplanes were parked across the street... and of course one of them is named the Lisa Marie

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
3DFA15E4-2367-4471-B0EB-49C9CC107E51.jpeg

So the drugs and alcohol weren’t even a factor for them. Not their fault. :facepalm:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

Abel said something last night to Mrs. Nalt about he was possibly going to call Graceland and ask to speak with Pricilla. He had full expectation of getting to talk with her too... :facepalm: :crazy:

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Her son committed suicide in 2020. I know Elvis died way too young, but it's best he didn't live long enough to see all this. It would have torn his heart out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator